Wildcard survives the tiger shark encounter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So, OK. Now Maui's bumped up on the "honey-do" list.

wow - didn't know you could dive the shark tank at the Ocean Center. I suppose this a program not unlike the one at Disneyworld?

How much is the dive and how long are you allowed? Can you use your own gear?

chepar:
wow - didn't know you could dive the shark tank at the Ocean Center. I suppose this a program not unlike the one at Disneyworld?

How much is the dive and how long are you allowed? Can you use your own gear?

We did it in February and had a great time...the dive was between 40-60 minutes and we used our own gear.

If I remember right it was in the neighborhood of $200-$250...

Brian

GAH...I'm not that rich. I guess I'll have to keep getting my kicks with White Tips....kinda lame though lol.

BTW they probably won't let me in that tank...that Ulua might not be there when I leave....

This all reminds me of how bad I wanted to get into the reef tank at Sea Life Park ever since it opened in the mid-60's. Back then, the reef tank was awesome; clean, healthy life, and lots of it; schools of manini (convict tangs), butterflies, ulua including several kagami (threadfin jacks). I still have one reel, from an original pack of three about Sea Life Park, for the ancient GAF ViewMaster which shows some of the reef tank at about that time. More than anything, this is what got me crazy for jumping into the ocean....

I'm with you MM - I'd do it myself if it wasn't for the cost ... I wonder if I can get some friends to pull some strings and get me in there?

It's $192 PP with air and weights if you need them. Done it twice and will do it again every chance I get. Most awsome dive ever!!!!!! Picture a tiger swiming right at you, no where to go, hold your ground and it will swim by at a foot ot two away!!!!! Arrrggggghhhhhh!!!! Im going back ASAP....... Oh ya, Miss Piggy is so cool as are all the other critters there.....

My husband and I talked about doing the shark dive, but after doing a shark dive in the Bahamas, we're quite content with "regular" diving. It's definitely a rush to be in the water with sharks, and I can sure see why diving with a Tiger is the ultimate rush. Personally, I wouldn't mind living the rest of my life without ever sharing the same space with either a Tiger or a Great White. :wink:

Looking forward to coming back to Maui in April and hearing whale songs again.

Wildcard:
It's $192 PP with air and weights if you need them. Done it twice and will do it again every chance I get. Most awsome dive ever!!!!!! Picture a tiger swiming right at you, no where to go, hold your ground and it will swim by at a foot ot two away!!!!! Arrrggggghhhhhh!!!! Im going back ASAP....... Oh ya, Miss Piggy is so cool as are all the other critters there.....

Just a random question - but do they give you any sort of safety instructions regarding the dive or do you just jump in and go on your merry way?

I'm thinking like something along the lines of "Do not turn your back on the tiger shark" or "Do not attempt to touch the tiger shark" or "DO NOT wave your hand in front of the tiger shark's mouth".

I figure they're well fed, so it's not likely they'll see you as lunch - but at the same time I wonder how predictable their behavior is.

Sounds like an awesome dive, but by nature I'm rather . . . frugal. Ok, ok - cheap as all get out. :wink: Not sure I could get over the sticker shock to shell out that kind of money for a dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom