Will a G200 service kit work in a 109 adjustable?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Eric Sedletzky

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Just as the tittle suggests.
I saw a G200 service kit and the poppet looks like it might work in a metal 109 basic poppet adjustable, (not the balanced adjustable). The ones I’ve been pulling out of these 109’s is the old style and no longer made, but the one in the G200 kit looks very similar to an upgraded duro poppet.
Is the geometry of the G200 poppet the same as the older 109 poppet just with a different rubber end cap?
Is the duro poppet something that scubapro makes, or is it something that’s designed and produced independently of Scubapro?
Thanks

Yes, the same scubapro duro poppet design is used in both G200 and non balanced adjustable 109.
Any version service kit for G200 containing a duro poppet will work for non balanced 109.

You will notice a slight difference in length comparing the old style non balanced poppet vs the modern duro poppet, but once the spring is added back in the combined length of spring and poppet is the same either way. The duro poppet is plug and play replacement.

What are you plugging and playing

Plug and play came to mind when trying to say no modification needed. Not the right term to use I guess.

Yes, the same scubapro duro poppet design is used in both G200 and non balanced adjustable 109.
Any version service kit for G200 containing a duro poppet will work for non balanced 109.

You will notice a slight difference in length comparing the old style non balanced poppet vs the modern duro poppet, but once the spring is added back in the combined length of spring and poppet is the same either way. The duro poppet is plug and play replacement.
So perfect!
Thank you!

Well in the future when I'm trying to do an "is this brass test" I'll be over to your place
and we can make a few plates for some Scubaboardians, over some beers after a dive

Yeah Kupu is perfect with this stuff

Thank you Kupu

Well in the future when I'm trying to do an "is this brass test" I'll be over to your place
and we can make a few plates for some Scubaboardians, over some beers after a dive

Yeah Kupu is perfect with this stuff

Thank you Kupu
I don’t know how you feel about 10 C water, but come on over!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom