Windows 8 is not at all like windows 7

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

well win95 & w98 still relied on dos for the kernel -- windows XP, 7, 8 were based of the NT kernel.

You're quite right. I stand corrected.

As for linux, I installed it on my computer once about....mmmmm... 12 years ago and uninstalled it again after 6 months because I would rather put up with a second rate operating system than to have to play "system administrator" in my spare time. Linux is technically very good but I got *really* tired of having to go to the "how-to's" every time I decided to do something new. For a normal user with limited computer skills, installing Linux as an alternative to Windows would be about as smart as smoking crack and jumping from a 19th story window and expecting to learn how to fly by the time you landed.

Maybe the Linux interface is better now than it was a decade ago but I'm not getting in line to replace windows at this point. Windows is "good enough" and intuitive enough

One thing I really hate about Windows 8 are the apps. Most, if not all, apps for Windows 8 are *beyond* sad. Of all of the ones I've seen so far the *best* of them wouldn't even net you a C+ in a grade 10 computer science project.

If they don't fix this then Windows 8, despite the fact that it's very stable (for a Microsoft product) could cook, clean and give you blow jobs but it's still on a one way trip straight down the drain.

R..

Linux is technically very good but I got *really* tired of having to go to the "how-to's" every time I decided to do something new.
Funny, that's exactly how I feel every time I have to get something done on a Windows system!

(except for the "technically very good" part)

Back
Top Bottom