Wing Inflator Hose Centered or Offset

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RobPNW

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Looking at various wings for a dedicated cold water kit. On some it appears the inflator hose is centered on the back of the wing top. On others it appears offset to the traditional side. Do people have a preference and if so what are the advantages and disadvantages of each? Thanks in advance.

As I frequently (okay, almost all the time) dive a double hose, I prefer an offset elbow to not interfere with the can.

Someone will claim that an offset hose is harder to get air out as it may trap on the opposite side, but I'm not buying it...

Either will work...

As I frequently (okay, almost all the time) dive a double hose, I prefer an offset elbow to not interfere with the can.

Someone will claim that an offset hose is harder to get air out as it may trap on the opposite side, but I'm not buying it...

Either will work...
I have a HOG wing, centered hose. I dislike it....in the way of my reg hoses.

Offset.
Centered interferes with hoses. I ride my tank low so it’s worse if it’s centered.
I'm leaning towards the Apeks D40 right now that has a nice offset for that very reason. Just thought I might be overthinking it but it sounds like a legit consideration.

Looking at various wings for a dedicated cold water kit. On some it appears the inflator hose is centered on the back of the wing top. On others it appears offset to the traditional side. Do people have a preference and if so what are the advantages and disadvantages of each? Thanks in advance.
for single tank it seems like it works better offset to the left side, for doubles centered

VDH wings - the right features, fantastic build, great price.
I took a look at the VDH 35lb wing which looks incredible especially the shell materials. I'm still leaning towards the Apeks D40 because I think the extra 5lbs would give me peace of mind. Does anyone have experience with the PSD version of the wing and can speak to the durability?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom