WKPP Members

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

May I remind all of you that posted to the initial post, the gentleman asked a question, he did not make a statement of fact.

I've noticed here of late, that when a relative newcomer to the board asks a question, the only things forthcoming are very caustic remarks, criticisms or comments regarding the persons inquiry.

If one cannot answer a simple question, one should not respond.

I'm sure that each of you, when asking a question, wants nothing more than a lucid and courteous answer to your interrogatory.

That is my personal opinion to which I am entitled.

Please forgive me if I wavered from the thread.

Dennis

Dinger-

The WKPP is a private club with clearly established criteria for gaining and maintaining membership. Members come and go over time for many reasons. The personell decisions of a private club are "club business" and there is no purpose to posting them on public boards.

For more info on WKPP and membership, see www.WKPP.org.

For more info on DIR/GUE, see www.GUE.com.

Heather Choat
WKPP

chickdiver,

Dinger wasn't the only one interested in the answer. Thanks for the straight forward answer. I thought the question was a simple one.

To the rest...

That is a really nice way to welcome a new member. I was honestly afraid to ask a question in fear of the flaming I might get in return. I didn't think it was that odd of a question. Hopefully someone will be more polite if you have a question to ask.

The holier than thou odor wafting through my monitor is quite impressive.

Dinger asked a seemingly simple question about the WKPP. I'm sure everyone will agree that anything DIR or WKPP oriented is sure to draw the attention of both the DIR and anti-DIR camps, and is prime kindling for a flame war. Everyone's been on message boards and if you put the subject matter aside for a minute, everyone knows what a classic "troll invasion" looks like.

One person politely pointed out that it would be better if we knew about the person asking. Incidentally, the person (Inman) who started that isn't DIR. WJL said it smelled like a troll , but heck, D33pS1x made a joke about the whole thing, with a Monty Python reference. I followed up with another Monty joke, and headhunter even said he was willing to give the guy the benefit of the doubt!

TX101, TheKracken et al - there are no "people hanging **** on him."

Methinks people who feel that way are getting just a way bit hypersensitive and looking for something which just isn't there.

Dinger - welcome to the boards.

chickdiver:
Dinger-

The WKPP is a private club with clearly established criteria for gaining and maintaining membership. Members come and go over time for many reasons. The personell decisions of a private club are "club business" and there is no purpose to posting them on public boards.

For more info on WKPP and membership, see www.WKPP.org.

For more info on DIR/GUE, see www.GUE.com.

Heather Choat
WKPP

Cool, somebody in here actually knows how to answer a question directly without conjecture of bad intent.

Thx Heather!

Thank you, Chicdiver, for an adult response. It may not be the answer the poster desired, but at least it's civilized.

Well, based on Dinger's second post, it seems pretty clear that his first post was not really intended to get an answer to a question about personnel changes at the WKPP. By his own admission, he was trying to stir things up in order to learn "some more regarding the inner workings of the system." That meets my definition of trolling.

Dinger:
Hi folks,
Was hearing from a mate that some members of the wkpp have been asked to leave the team for safety reason - not sure how old this information is though - anyone shed any light on what may have happened there and reasons etc. Just interested and have any of the former members made any public comments
Cheers
Dinger

Let me make a suggestion about the WKPP answer.

This question would be better asked on the technical diver forum

www.thedecostop.com

But be warned!!!! Some DIR guys are sometimes difficult to have a straight conversation with.

$500 dollars says I will get blasted on here by a DIR diver, just for that statment alone.

d33ps1x:
I'm fast becoming disenchanted with the internet.

Well, maybe you ought to "deepsix" it then? :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom