working between the Holidays

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DINO JAKOBI

Registered
Reaction score
This is the first time I volunteer to work Between x-Mass and New year and all I keep thinking about is that I should be on a dive holiday I can't be the only one!

ps; It doesn't help when there is no phone activity!

i always work thru this period - i avoid the crowds, miss the screaming kids in the shopping centres, catch up on my filing and sorting thru emails and can hit my boss with a "remember, i worked thru the christmas period" when i need to take more time off than what he is happy for me to be absent.

hubby rarely works this period so he has been happily off doing double dives each day and has a schedule of buddys for the next week also

my suggestion, use the quite time to do some research for your next dive trip

I am also working between ths holidays and wondered if anyone else is enjoying the diving and then running straight passed the reindeer, and the moose into the sauna to warm up :)

I always work this time of year, too. To me it means I can wear jeans to work, come in late, take long lunches, and leave early. Also, since I cover for a co-worker every year at this time, it means he doesn't gripe about covering for me when I head to the Caribbean for 2 weeks in Feb.

I always work this time of year as well. It is quite a busy time for me, as I am an (Indvidual Retirement Account) IRA consultant. It is very busy with IRAs at the end of the year, and we get hundreds of calls from financial organizations, asking questions about IRA laws and regulations. Between phone calls I'm on this board. Working now means I can take more time off in the warmer months for diving. Cozumel in April! Hawaii in September! Lake Superior twice in the summer! Lake and ore pit diving on summer weekends!

I'm working too. Could have taken off, but I'm saving my vacation days for a dive trip in January (a very good time not to be in Chicago!)

I'm, ahem, "working" now, too. Mostly tossing out old files, cleaning the desk and workspace. Nice and quiet around here, too.

I'm working too I've never taken this week, off my family is local I see no reason to waste my annual leave. It's pretty much business as usual around here though some people are using up any "use or lose" annual leave they have accumulated. I prefer to use my leave in the summer when the places I want to go are not crowded--I LOVE the off-season! We will dive New Year's day in the local quarry, I hear the water is still 45 degrees--YAY!
Ber :lilbunny:

Well I hate to be the bad guy, but being that my dad is worth more money than God I have never had to work. I'm spending the Holidays on our private yacht off the coast of Maui moored in front of our beachfront winter house. I've been trying to get 3 dives a day in, but its hard to stay motivated when you do it every day. I just hate all these tourists that show up around the Holidays and crowd the beaches acting like they own the place. I think I'm going to take off though for some different diving and less crowded beaches and spend the rest of the month at our Condo in Bonaire or Cayman HARD decision! Sorry to hear though that some of you little people have to work during the Holidays. Must suck to be you!!!

DANG! somebody just pinched me and woke me up, It was a good dream though! In reality I'm sitting in my office staring out the window looking at the NASTY half rain half snow thats falling outside, and wondering when I will get to Dive again and use the new equipment I've bought since my last dive in the fall. Unfortunately Spring is still along way away! The bad part is my new equipment includes a DUI TLS350 drysuit which I'm not certified in yet, and the next class any of the LDS's are offering is in May of 2006. Oh well guess I'm going to have to keep dreaming for a little while longer!!! But at least we are signed up for Bonaire in July of 2006 and Possible Galapogos Islands in 2007. "currently on a waiting list" at least the trips give me something to look forward to! Hope everyone has a great end to the Holidays!!! I just have to make it thru today and then I'm off Friday and Monday! Hoooo Hooooooo

:lol3: That's a good one.
DavidHickey:
Well I hate to be the bad guy, but being that my dad is worth more money than God I have never had to work. I'm spending the Holidays on our private yacht off the coast of Maui moored in front of our beachfront winter house. I've been trying to get 3 dives a day in, but its hard to stay motivated when you do it every day. I just hate all these tourists that show up around the Holidays and crowd the beaches acting like they own the place. I think I'm going to take off though for some different diving and less crowded beaches and spend the rest of the month at our Condo in Bonaire or Cayman HARD decision! Sorry to hear though that some of you little people have to work during the Holidays. Must suck to be you!!!

DANG! somebody just pinched me and woke me up, It was a good dream though! In reality I'm sitting in my office staring out the window looking at the NASTY half rain half snow thats falling outside, and wondering when I will get to Dive again and use the new equipment I've bought since my last dive in the fall. Unfortunately Spring is still along way away! The bad part is my new equipment includes a DUI TLS350 drysuit which I'm not certified in yet, and the next class any of the LDS's are offering is in May of 2006. Oh well guess I'm going to have to keep dreaming for a little while longer!!! But at least we are signed up for Bonaire in July of 2006 and Possible Galapogos Islands in 2007. "currently on a waiting list" at least the trips give me something to look forward to! Hope everyone has a great end to the Holidays!!! I just have to make it thru today and then I'm off Friday and Monday! Hoooo Hooooooo

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom