Working the software

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Photoshop is God's own software. I am sure someone will say this is sacreligious, but look around. How could everything be so pretty? Wonderful results.

Never used elements, but from what I have seen it is a very powerful tool and can do most things that most people would want. I think it had a colour change thing that isn't available in CS.

CS has a RAW conveter and does amazing things with a shadow/highlight button. CS is truly amazing and I doubt anyone has learned it all!

MsParamedic:
I just got Elements...and now I'm seriously considering upgrading to CS. Anyone have any opions?
I am considering to upgrade, but the only reason for me right now would be because of the ability to work on RAW pictures. I can do lots with my PSE. See?

My turn, my turn.
I also use photoshop elements 2.0 with the addition of a piece of software called "hidden powers" which unleashes some nice tools (curves,RGB channels,etc) otherwise not available in elements. The software comes with a real good book on image editing. I highly recommend it and it's not much (compared to purchasing the full blown photoshop).
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0782141781/102-5335460-4719363?v=glance

Elements seems to have most of the commonly used items... unless you're really going to get into some expert stuff, you're probably OK with elements.. considering the price...
I guess the question is, are you doing stuff that Elements CAN'T do.... or just haven't found it yet... the biggest hold back to upgrading is $$.. same price, might as well go for CS, but if $$ is an issue, Elements seems to cover it all... until you need CS...

Not much help? but something..
I'll be upgrading as soon as I upgrade to Win XP. won't run on 98SE... as PS7.0 does..
something to be aware of too...

Paint shop pro 8s "Enhance photo" option can produce decent results with a 1 click system too so its worth considering.

seal_original.jpg

Now after clicking the Enhance photo button:

seal_enhanced.jpg

Far more realistic look than the green tinged original.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom