world's worst job!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Drew, did you learn anything from those chickens? lol - gross.

I once heard that pigs can have an orgasm for something like 2 hours...wish I was a pig. :wink:

On your way home from work, stop at your pharmacy and go to the
thermometer section and purchase a rectal thermometer made by
Johnson and Johnson. (Be very sure you get this brand). When you
get home, lock your doors, draw the curtains and disconnect the phone
so
you will not be disturbed. Change into very comfortable
clothing and lie down on your bed.

Open the package and remove the thermometer. Now, carefully
place it on the bedside table so that it will not become chipped or
broken. Take out the literature and read it carefully. You will notice
that in small print there is a statement, "Every rectal thermometer
made by Johnson and Johnson is personally tested".

NOW, close your eyes and repeat out loud five times: "I am so
glad I do not work for quality control at Johnson and Johnson."

HAVE A NICE DAY AND REMEMBER, THERE IS ALWAYS SOMEONE ELSE WITH A
JOB THAT IS WORSE THAN YOURS.

Steve, that was so funny I forwarded it to some of my non-diving buddies.
:)

There are a couple I will do without in the future.

Doing hot asphalt paving in the Everglades in August is one. Near 100°F air temp, 90% humidity and enough skeeters long sleeves and jeans were mandatory to keep the blood loss down, while standing on 160°F rocks covered in melted tar 10 hours a day.

I did an U/W job that involved patching offshore sewage outfall pipes from the inside. Back in until you find a leak, then patch with hydraulic cemet and back farther into the pipe until you find the next one. This in a pipe too small for a diver to carry a tank and way too small to turn around in so it was hooka only. Not too bad until the coms failed when I was up the pipe about 300 yards, which was interpreted as an umbilical failure, so they turned on the pump. I know how a BB feels on it's way out the barrel, and why it's round.

Roofing during a Mississippi summer is a close third. I'll throw money at that job in the future if I ever again need a new roof.

pulling the lobsters out of Jayne Mansfield's @$$hole!

OK, that's a reference to a Dudley Moore and Peter Cook sketch, for those that don't know. Couldn't resist dropping that in.

My worst jobs:

picking cabbages: it's below freezing in the field, you have a small knife and you bend down, cut, throw in a bag, move to the next. Repeat for 8 hours. Then try to stand up.

Sorting potatoes: 50lb bags of spuds in a storehouse. They've been there for months and about 60% are rotten. Open the sack, go through them by hand sorting the good from the bad, rebagging the good into 10lb bags. The smell was indescribably bad.

Amazing what you'll do for money when you're at school.

Tech Support Helpline / Systems Administrator: I've done my time in purgatory, may I leave now! You would not believe how unbelievably dumb someone with a PhD could be.

J.

free flyer i know what your talking about because i have gotten plenty of those people... cupholder/cd player problems, and LCD touch screens on laptops(and the mess from cracking one)

also carebear, thats just a little bit TMI, but i guess what ever floats your boat ?

and DM steve you need to put a coke alert on that , but then again the leadup to that you had to know it was coming.

YMMV

Dan

DORSETBOY:
Stuck here at work thinking of better hings to do with my time... like dive!
Currently looking at microfiche 7 hrs a day inbetween looking at diving websites (ssshhh... dont tell my boss), anyone else doing a worse job?

My military job in the Air Force.... Combat Control. Crash/Recovery in the fine Deserts of SW Asia. Marking every aircraft piece and body part fragment with little colored flags this in 130 degree heat for 10-12 hours...... Or, Getting strafed by an AC-130 and/or A-10 with 30mm rounds because someone did not relay the correct coordinates of "friendly's"....

This isnt the worst job but possible the most depressing.." Stateside Charter boat Captain on a dive boat" .. why,,, because he has to watch all those divers go diving without him , and then hear about all the good things that they seen. :crying:

Cliff

I currently raise fleas and maggots as part of my job. Do you all feel better now?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom