Worries when diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sounds like she's just scared of water, When I went for my first dive test I failed horribly, Not because I didn't know how to swim but because I was scared of water and kept panicking each time water went up the nose and when water got in snorkel. She just needs to practice, What I did was I went to swimming pools and swam and each time water went into my nose, I stopped cleared my nose without getting out of water or even touch the side for support, It's just about been calm in water, She can practice clearing water from the mask by staying near the edge on the pool fill the mask while holding her nose and clearing it, But better tell her to swim without a mask for a while first so she would become custom to atleast some water going up her nose. I don't think she has swam without mask much.

In Short swim without mask, Let water go in nose a bit for practice, lose fear.

Also There are lot more experienced divers than me here, so do listen to there advice more than mine, I have just around 12 dives, This is just my point of view, everyone is different.

I agree with all of that. As I mentioned, it seems she is just not comfortable at all in water. Getting there may take a long time, if at all. There should be no ready made fears when starting to learn to dive.

Sounds like she's just scared of water, When I went for my first dive test I failed horribly, Not because I didn't know how to swim but because I was scared of water and kept panicking each time water went up the nose and when water got in snorkel. She just needs to practice, What I did was I went to swimming pools and swam and each time water went into my nose, I stopped cleared my nose without getting out of water or even touch the side for support, It's just about been calm in water, She can practice clearing water from the mask by staying near the edge on the pool fill the mask while holding her nose and clearing it, But better tell her to swim without a mask for a while first so she would become custom to atleast some water going up her nose. I don't think she has swam without mask much.

In Short swim without mask, Let water go in nose a bit for practice, lose fear.

Also There are lot more experienced divers than me here, so do listen to there advice more than mine, I have just around 12 dives, This is just my point of view, everyone is different.

Swim with tank or just normal swim without the mask?

Swim with tank or just normal swim without the mask?

You seem to be asking the same questions again and again expecting a different result. Have the guys at livingseas given you any help yet?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom