Please help me help my wife! Recommendations for hair care while diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

1702666008057.png

This stuff is miraculous

I put my hair in a high pony tail, soak it in freshwater, and then slap this hood on. Most hoods feel like they're choking me out, so I like this one with the under-the-chin strap. It looks a little goofy but it saves my hair.

Edit: Forgot to add the link, oops!

I haven't used it, but the Stream2Sea leave in conditioner has come HIGHLY recommended by other lady divers I've met. I've also met women who swear by coconut oil: they bring a little travel-size pot of it and melt a bit in their hand (holding it up to the sun) before combing it through with a wide-tooth comb. It's a lot cheaper than Stream2Sea, too, but my worry is that I wouldn't be able to wash it out of my thin hair in time to look presentable for dinner so I haven't tried it for myself yet. I think this would be great for somebody with thicker hair or afro-textured hair, though! Their hair looked great when we all went to dinner together.

Attachments

• 617PKDVTLLL._AC_SX679_.jpg
    617PKDVTLLL._AC_SX679_.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 26
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom