Worth Diving In Bermuda?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Maxpcf

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hey All,

Going to Bermuda on a cruise, yada yada, there for four days.

Just wondered if you felt there are any "must see" dive sights/wrecks on the island?

I live in Florida and can get 3 two tank dives for the price of 1 2 tank on Bermuda; so I'm wondering if there are any great wrecks or other sights you think are worth it.

Otherwise I'm just planning on bringing snorkel gear and taking a little boston whaler around with the girlfriend.

Cheers
Max!

"Must see" compared with what? It's all wreck diving, as you probably know, and they're very proud of their wrecks. I didn't see any wrecks in Bermuda that I considered more interesting than the wrecks you guys have in the Keys. But if you're there, why not dive? It may not be spectacular, but it's still pretty good--just like many places in the world I have dived. Every wreck is different. "Must see" is in the eye of the beholder.

I just mean there is probably some general consensus on what a great dive is vs what a decent dive is.

The reason I'm asking is I'm not sure if it's worth bringing all my dive gear and paying for what I consider to be a more expensive trip for just decent dives( I am on a bit of a budget). I can get plenty decent dives at home for less than half the price.

If you live in FL and have ready access to affordable diving, you are going to Bermuda by Cruise, not sure you want to lug the gear and you are on a budget, maybe you can skip Bermuda diving. It is really up to you, there is no real answer. I like to get a dive or two in when visiting Bermuda but I live up in CT. During the summer the water is clearer and warmer than where I live. There is a lot to see and do other than diving in Bermuda. Really depends on your interest. I don't think of Bermuda as a dive destination, I think of it as a destination where I have a chance to get in some diving. Not sure this helps but there you go. Enjoy the trip.

Thanks tkaelin, I think I'll probably take the money I would have spent on diving and spend it on something else, unless I reallyget the dive bug.

Cathedral is a great dive on the East Side and it's not a wreck. I've dived it many times and it's well worth it. Shore diving off Elbow Beach is also worthwhile. There are many great dives in Bermuda that are not wrecks. Getting to them is the problem...

We went on a cruise to Bermuda last June and took our gear. We did 5 dives over the 3 days. If we were to do it over, we would not dive. We had a good time and glad we did it once with where you live, I'd vote save your money.

My wife and I went to Bermuda via ship two years ago to do our check out dives. If you go, I would recommend using Blue Water Divers. You can get there by bus and it is close to Kings Wharf where the ships dock. The ship was in port for three days. We spent two days diving and one day in St. George. It all depends on what you want to do in Bermuda.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom