Worthington LP77 Steel Cylinder - $189.00 Each - FREE Shipping to 48 U.S. States!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Chris66:
Are the tanks Nitrox Ready - thanks

I hope so; I just filled my 2 tanks with EAN 32.

Yes that is what I am asking - thanks for helping me clarify. I guess the answer to that would be no taht whilst they are nitrox ready for premix that they are not O2 clean for PPB

mike_s:
Any new tank is nitrox ready for up to 40% "pre mix" nitrox.

Is what you're really asking is this tank O2 clean for partial pressure blending?

Mike...

The pre-mixed 40% can be filled in any tanks even though it isn't the brand new and not O2 cleaned...

Please let me know if I am wrong......

hoosier:
Mike...

The pre-mixed 40% can be filled in any tanks even though it isn't the brand new and not O2 cleaned...

Please let me know if I am wrong......

No... you are right... I guess I just added 'new' on there since he was talking about new tanks.

However, with that said, I'm sure it's not good to put 40% pre-mix-Nitrox into a tank that has been previousely filled with a known 'oily' compressor. Just that's just a matter of opinion. I'm sure there's someone who's done it, etc.

Chris66:
Yes that is what I am asking - thanks for helping me clarify. I guess the answer to that would be no taht whilst they are nitrox ready for premix that they are not O2 clean for PPB

I went and looked on XS Scuba's web page. XS Scuba and Sea Pearls (which is now owned by XS Scuba) are the North America distributors for the Worthington tanks in the US.

It doesn't appear that these tanks are ready for O2 service (O2 clean) for partial pressure oxygen blending.

It says, (at this URL http://www.xsscuba.com/tank_steel_features.html)

Nitrox Ready
  • Cleaned and sealed at the factory
  • Free of hydrocarbons to a level of 40 mg per square meter
  • Ready for pre-blended Nitrox up to 40% FO2

Valves
  • All XS Scuba steel cylinders include the Thermo PRO valve
  • Convertible design allows for standard yoke or 230 bar DIN connections
  • Standard inlet thread (3/4"-14 NPSM) on cylinder allows upgrade to any other Thermo valve
  • These valves are clean for pre-blended Nitrox up to 40% FO2

Hope this helps.

-Mike

There is an old saying...................

ALL GOOD THINGS MUST COME TO AN END!

A lot of folks got a great deal with this FREE shipping offer on the new Worthington LP-77 cylinders. Unfortunately, the inventory at our special price has come to an end. We will now need to move to our regulator price............$199.00 PLUS the cost of shipping. We want to thank everyone that took advantage of this deal to introduce the new LP-77. Lots of people saved lots of money with this offer. It is officially over as of 5:00 CST Friday March 23, 2007.

If you use the link in the thread, it will reflect the new price. Thanks again for your business.

Phil Ellis

Hey Phil, Got the manifold on today and noticed that by the neck of both my tanks there is a number stamped. One is 15 the other 16. My LP-85's don't have this. Is it something due to the fact that the 77's are new? Is this the 15 & 16 tank off the line?

mike_s:
No... you are right... I guess I just added 'new' on there since he was talking about new tanks.

However, with that said, I'm sure it's not good to put 40% pre-mix-Nitrox into a tank that has been previousely filled with a known 'oily' compressor. Just that's just a matter of opinion. I'm sure there's someone who's done it, etc.

I went and looked on XS Scuba's web page. XS Scuba and Sea Pearls (which is now owned by XS Scuba) are the North America distributors for the Worthington tanks in the US.

It doesn't appear that these tanks are ready for O2 service (O2 clean) for partial pressure oxygen blending.

It says, (at this URL http://www.xsscuba.com/tank_steel_features.html)

Nitrox Ready
  • Cleaned and sealed at the factory
  • Free of hydrocarbons to a level of 40 mg per square meter
  • Ready for pre-blended Nitrox up to 40% FO2

Valves
  • All XS Scuba steel cylinders include the Thermo PRO valve
  • Convertible design allows for standard yoke or 230 bar DIN connections
  • Standard inlet thread (3/4"-14 NPSM) on cylinder allows upgrade to any other Thermo valve
  • These valves are clean for pre-blended Nitrox up to 40% FO2

Hope this helps.

-Mike
Well I don't want to open a can of worms. I don't get it?? The tank is ok for O2 up to 40% but not above? Either the tank is clean of hydrocarbons or it isn't. Obviously I am missing something here. You either wash your hands with soap and remove the dirt or you wash your hands with water and remove some of the dirt. I partial pressure blend my tanks. Are they not ok?

compressor:
Well I don't want to open a can of worms. I don't get it?? The tank is ok for O2 up to 40% but not above? Either the tank is clean of hydrocarbons or it isn't. Obviously I am missing something here. You either wash your hands with soap and remove the dirt or you wash your hands with water and remove some of the dirt. I partial pressure blend my tanks. Are they not ok?

For PP, NO!! For preblended, yes up to 40%. This is typical for any tank. The basic idea is that with PP you are using 100% O2 and adding it. A little dust or oil and BOOM!!

crpntr133:
Hey Phil, Got the manifold on today and noticed that by the neck of both my tanks there is a number stamped. One is 15 the other 16. My LP-85's don't have this. Is it something due to the fact that the 77's are new? Is this the 15 & 16 tank off the line?

I don't know what that is. I am sitting here looking at two cylinders and both of them are stamped 12. Probably something about some manufacturing station or something like that. We can find our from Mike on Monday. Thanks.

Phil Ellis

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom