Would you dive with this op?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Probably cause there is no "I" in "we", or because I know everything... you have to ask?

Just dove with the Pro Dive when on a one week get away in Allegro. We did 4 2-tank trips with my son. I did my 50th dive on this trip (certified for 2 years), my son ended up cutting 7th dive short and calling 8th dive of the trip and ended up with 22 lifetime dives. He is 13. I knew rep the operation has and still chose it for the purpose of convenience.

Do I think this op is top shelf high quality operator? No. Did I have good dives? Heck, yeah! Briefings were very thorough, crew was always helpful but respectful (nobody touches your gear without your permission but WILL change tanks, for example, if you allow them). My weights were questioned once (seemed too little to a guide) but I wasn't pushed to add more and just noted that guide will have extra weights if needed. Free Nitrox is nice, analyzer was always available upon first request (1 tank had faulty valve, things got shifted around and I ended up testing 3 tanks before one dive, nobody would appear displeased or annoyed in any way). Mix would be between high 33 and low 34% (just fine, deepest dive I logged on the trip was 87 feet). Dive time is limited by DM to 55 min. Safe procedure provided for "earlier ascent" which I've done on every dive with my son. Only on the last dive I ascended with the group when son called the dive (54 minutes according to my computer). Dives were good. We were explained what to do if we didn't feel comfortable with swim troughs (in 8 dives with multipples only two were a bit tight vertically, never too tight horizontally, but none seemed intimidating and at all times I could see light). On dive 7 of the trip my son's power inflator disconnected from the currogated hose (loosened up zip tie, no big deal, my son almost fixed it himself but I helped and we were done in total of 10 seconds). DM was on top of my son before we were finished. Made sure we were fine, made sure problem was fixed, made sure no panic was present.

Bottom line: I don't regret using the operator at all. I had no issues with them, they hauled me to nice dive sites and back to my hotel safely, guides pointed out marine life I could otherwise miss, their SMB lines helped with safe ascents in occasionally strong currents, all the crew was pretty helpful. I don't expect them to babysit me or my son, both certified divers. It is up to me and my son to drop in the water or call a dive at any time for any reason (which my son did when he didn't feel comfortable).

Would I dive with them again? Perhaps. Perhaps I'll try someone else next time. Depends.

Back
Top Bottom