Question WPB/Jupiter dive shop/boat recommendations.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ajahman

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I haven’t been diving in the WPB/Jupiter area in five or so years. Looking for new open water diver friendly sites for newbie family member. Any operator/shop recommendations would be appreciated.

There was just a multiple page topic on this within the last 2 weeks. Try the search function to locate it.
Topic included who not to go with.

For a new open water water diver, WPB is your better bet. Several reefs in the 50-60 foot depth range. Pura Vida Divers, Narcosis, and Walkers are three good operations in WPB.

Jupiter is deeper (65-90'). Boats allows open water divers but an advanced cert is recommended due to the depths. If you're comfortable with deeper dive sites, Jupiter Diver Center is my favorite operator. ScubaWorks and Kyalami are good too.

I had a great experience with narcossis last year.

Great operation, it is kinda a cattle boat but really good staff

Dove with Pura Vida and Jupiter Dive Center back in June and had an excellent experience with both. A nice thing about JDC is that they have afternoon boats on weekdays, so we were able to dive Blue Heron Bridge in the AM and then drive up to Jupiter for a 1:00 boat.

Ops in this area of FL check cert and require new paperwork daily, so factor that into your arrival time at shops. They must have a warehouse full of those papers somewhere (although PV does do their forms electronically which is nice)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom