Boynton area dive boat recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MannyDib2

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Saw there was a thread for boats between WPB and Jupiter which is great, but I didn't find one on boats around Boynton Bch
When I was diving 10 years ago I had good dives with Starfish Enterprise, Underwater Explorers and Splashdown Divers.
Sadly, Underwater Explorers is apparently closed.
Starfish is under new ownership but their ratings are great.
Splashdown is still there with decent reviews.

Any other boats in the area I should know about?

Thanks in advance

This will be interesting! Following too! Just got back to Sweden from a family trip to Boynton But next time Will be without kids and i always went from WPB before.

The closest i got to diving on this trip was taking my sons (6 & 8) and my nephews snorkling at Peanut island 😆 so i cant wait to get back to get some proper diving Done!

Kevin/Underwater Explorers has been gone a few years now.

I just checked and it appears Loggerhead has merged (or been bought by) Splashdown Divers, owner/Captain Dave. Good operation but more than once changed the planned dive on the Castor to something else for "other than weather condition related reasons" and that dropped him to the bottom of my list.

Starfish is my go-to boat in the area.

I've dived many times with South Florida Diving Headquarters based in Pompano. They are a big operation, even bigger now with their acquisition of Scubatyme. They appear to be running boats up to, or out of Boynton as well.

Also Dixie Divers out of Pompano makes runs up that way.

It's pretty much a coin toss.....

Starfish Scuba is usually my go-to in Boynton. Great captain and crew.

Ive also used South Florida Dive Headquarters (ScubaTyme) a few times with good success.

@scubadada is the resident expert on Boynton operators so he will be able to provide good insight on all of them.

This will be interesting! Following too! Just got back to Sweden from a family trip to Boynton But next time Will be without kids and i always went from WPB before.

The closest i got to diving on this trip was taking my sons (6 & 8) and my nephews snorkling at Peanut island 😆 so i cant wait to get back to get some proper diving Done!
Well I hope I we get to meet on one of the boats then. Always interesting to meet someone from out of the country. Do you dive in Sweden?

Kevin/Underwater Explorers has been gone a few years now.
That's a shame. Kevin was great. I hope he is ok. Anyone know how he is?

I've dived many times with South Florida Diving Headquarters based in Pompano. They are a big operation, even bigger now with their acquisition of Scubatyme. They appear to be running boats up to, or out of Boynton as well.
Ya, their online booking takes reservations for Boynton now.

Well I hope I we get to meet on one of the boats then. Always interesting to meet someone from out of the country. Do you dive in Sweden?

I hope so too!
I did a lot before i got the kids But every now and then still. But its only drysuit diving and not to much fun things to look at close to where i live :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom