Wreck Bucket List?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Britanic was the sister ship of Titanic and is diveable on special expeditions. Lusitania is another but is privately owned and permission is not forthcoming.

BRITANNIC is privately owned as well. And there are multiple trips to LUSITANIA every year, but like BRITANNIC, permits are necessary. Best to work with Irish friends due to politics with foreigners diving LUSITANIA.

---------- Post added December 31st, 2013 at 08:01 AM ----------

That's cool! I'd like to dive the USS Oriskany too someday so I could say I dove three out of the four dive-able Aircraft Carriers in the world.

You are missing one:
USS SARATOGA
USS ORISKANY
HMS HERMES
HMS DASHER
GRAF ZEPPELIN

---------- Post added December 31st, 2013 at 08:05 AM ----------

Definitely a dreadful article. Too many wrecks that I still want to dive, but a few off the top of my head include the Bikini Fleet, GUSTLOFF, and GOYA. I would also love to seek out and document the wrecks from the Battle of Tsushima Strait, but given the location and issues with North Korea, that's probably unlikely anytime soon....

The wrecks of the Tsushima strait lie well beyond diving level. There are a few wrecks that lie in the Russian port when the war began that are divable.

The wrecks of the Tsushima strait lie well beyond diving level. There are a few wrecks that lie in the Russian port when the war began that are divable.

The ones to the north and out of the strait, yes, but I believe a few were sunk within the strait and should be in ~100m depth, which is definitely diveable.

I would also love to dive the Prinz Eugen. Hard to access though due to the military base.
Just fly into Kwaj, book into the Ebeye Hotel, and hook up with Hideo Milne on Ebeye. You don't want to dive through the base as they forbid penetration and deco diving.

Just fly into Kwaj, book into the Ebeye Hotel, and hook up with Hideo Milne on Ebeye. You don't want to dive through the base as they forbid penetration and deco diving.
Yeah BK, that's the keyword --"Ebeye"-- you must tell the United Airlines Gate Agent Personnel when embarking from either Guam or Honolulu Hawaii to Kwajalein that your destination after landing at Bucholz US Army Airfield Kwajalein is Ebeye Island/Republic of the Marshall Islands. Otherwise they will automatically insist & ask to see your "Orders" to allow disembarkation to the super secret US Army Base/Reagan ICBM Test Range Site and that's how the misunderstanding begins (i.e. They will not let you de-plane unless you correctly declare your destination as Ebeye, Republic of the Marshall Islands). . .

Last edited:
The Russian port of Vladivostok has many of the dreadnoughts and early battleships well within diving range. They also dumped nuke reactors and other rotting Soviet junk in the area.

Back
Top Bottom