Wreck Class Report - Jodrey, St. Lawrence River

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Congratulations on a great accomplishment. Excellent report. Out of curiosity, who did the instruction?

We had two instructors: Mark Luzader (PBD in the post above), and Andrew Driver of Blue Foot Diving.

Great instruction: World class dives with people who still love to get wet, and not only talk it, but demonstrate it.

Oh, what a wonderful report, Rick! It's so vivid, reading it makes me feel as though I was there.

I'm not reading you correctly, though, that you swam into the wreck at one point without a line, just in case the passage petered out? I hope not. There's an utterly terrifying story on rebreatherworld about somebody who just went in "a little ways" and silted out and got lost.

I'll never do the kind of diving you are doing, but I remember the thrill of doing my first non-instructed cave dive, and I think it was very similar to what you wrote. There's just nothing like using all those hard-won skills to go someplace fabulous, is there?

I'm not reading you correctly, though, that you swam into the wreck at one point without a line, just in case the passage petered out? I hope not.

I swam down the narrow stairwell about 12 feet, with my buddy at the entrance, so I could poke my head around the corner. There was nowhere to get lost, no wrong turns to make, only one way back out. Because of the angle of the wreck, I was maybe 2' below an overhead. It's hard to explain. It wasn't until the turn that we were really "inside" anything.
I'll never do the kind of diving you are doing...
Right. That's what I said, and what I currently say about caves.

There's just nothing like using all those hard-won skills to go someplace fabulous, is there?
That's it exactly. You can only understand it if you've been there.

Thanks for the comments!

Right. That's what I said, and what I currently say about caves.

Naah, I'm lazy. I don't like wrecks well enough to scrub oil off my gear to see inside 'em. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom