Wrecks in Jupiter or Ft. Pierce area?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScoobieDooo

Reaction score
Anyone know whats in this area for wrecks? We are looking at relocating to Jupiter area and I was wondering whats in that area for wreck diving.

???

I found this on the interent by doing a search of Jupiter Wrecks:

Popular Wrecks

Jupiter diving offers a diver the opportunity to dive 5 wrecks in two dives. The Jupiter Wreck Trek starts with a drop in 90' of water on the Miss Jenny. This inverted barge is home to grouper, snapper and a variety and abundance of fishes. After a thorough tour you will be guided 200 feet north along a staked trail to the Esso Bonaire. The Esso Bonaire is a 185' harbor freighter sitting majestically upright. This wreck is covered with schools of Barracuda, Amberjack and a resident Goliath Grouper.

The second dive is a tour of the three tugs. Strategically placed in 72 feet of water, the tugs are beaming with wildlife. From the first tug, follow the stakes to the second and third, all within a short down current swim.

Newest to the area is the Sea Mist. Sitting at 230' this arctic icebreaker is only accessed by Technically trained and certified divers. Reports of life including snowy groupers have come in from the divers. A must for all Techies!

Also there are some wrecks in the West Palm area down the road from Jupiter and also there are a bunch of wrecks in the Ft. Lauderdale area which is like an hour further south from Jupiter.

Almost forgot to mention, when you move down, pick up a copy of Ned DeLoach's Guide to Underwater Florida. It lists all the dive sites and has coordinates for them as well, reefs, wrecks, shore dives, and springs.

Wendy,
Thanks, I have the book but haven't dug it out yet from my book 'box' yet - I wanted to see what the 'locals' came up with.

Thanks much!

No question about it, my favorite wreck dive
I've done. Vis. is iffy sometimes and it's a deeper
wreck ( starts at 80'ish and goes to 135 ) but it's
kick ass. Do some google's on it. I've done it
11 times and keep coming back..

Largest shipwreck in Florida next
to the spegiel grove.

Kell

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back