Wrinkles August '05 Dive and BBQ planning thread - Redondo Beach

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OldmanandtheC:
Switch me from charcoal to burgers (can someone give me an idea of how many?) and buns.
Since there will also be hot dogs, I usually figure on about 1.5 times the number of people for burgers. So, if 10 people are coming 15 patties is usually more then enough.

Obviously round up or down depending how many come in a package. :wink:

So, I'll put you down for burgers and buns instead of charcoal.

Christian

Kayak Diver:
Do we need to 2 propane stoves? I can leave my stuff at home if you are going to bring yours OldmanandtheC. That would free me up to bring the buns. Let me know.

I'll bring mine, but it has been sitting in the garage for quite some time, no guarantee of ignition. I have no problem bringing the hamburgers and buns.

Sorry for the late notice. I'll be there for at least the first 2 dives + lunch.

After looking at the list of what is left to bring... here is my contribution.

mayo
mustard
pickles
Side Dish #2: Something reasonably healthy

I'll try to one of the early birds.

See you there,

Aaron

abrown203:
Sorry for the late notice. I'll be there for at least the first 2 dives + lunch.

After looking at the list of what is left to bring... here is my contribution.

mayo
mustard
pickles
Side Dish #2: Something reasonably healthy

I'll try to one of the early birds.

See you there,

Aaron
It's never too late to join in!

I've added your info to the first post.

As usual, some people will be popping in at the last minute tomorrow for a dive or two and everyone is always welcome to do so.

I look forward to seeing you again.

Christian

OldmanandtheC:
Do we need to bring a fistfull of quarters for parking?
Yes! I'm glad you asked. I have to add that to the 1st post. If I remember correctly, you get 15 min. per quarter, so figure on $1 per hour. If someone knows for sure please confirm this of tell us how much it actually is.

If you park under the pier in the underground structure you don't use quarters and it it goes to a maximum of $7.50. It's about a 1/4 mile walk from the underground structure to Veteran's Park, but not as bad as the walk from the parking structure to the beach at Montage/Treasure Island in Laguna.

Christian

headhunter:
...but not as bad as the walk from the parking structure to the beach at Montage/Treasure Island in Laguna.

Christian

Nothing is that bad. Especially considering the dive at the end of that rainbow. :11ztongue

---
Ken

MaxBottomtime:
It is indeed 15 minutes per quarter. Conditions last night were great. 70F surface water and clear, cool 58F below the thermocline with 20'+ vis. Should be a lot of fun tomorrow.

Claudette and I hit 54 at 85. I think we missed out on your great viz. It wasn't bad, for sure. But Tuesday was better.

That 70 is wacky - coming up from the low 50's and then BOOM.

Good seeing you guys last night. The critters were out enmasse under the water, too.... :wink: I'll see you guys in the AM tomorrow.

---
Ken

Mo2vation:
I'll see you guys in the AM tomorrow.

---
Ken
Did I read this correctly... or do I need to clean my monitor? :06:

Puff Mo2 is going to join us for a Wrinkles Dive? :wink:

Christian

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom