Wrinkles August '05 Dive and BBQ planning thread - Redondo Beach

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'll check my garage also, I seem to remember that I used to have a propane camp stove. I'm also going to check on a small charcoal grill (This situation may arise more often than not).

headhunter:
Hi Geoff,

Right now it's all about the hot dogs and hamburgers, but the stove would be a good idea if anyone brings Coffee or Hot Chocolate. So, go ahead and bring the stove.

Thanks!

Christian

10 4

I'll also throw in some hot drinks, cups, etc.

Great!. I've got the charcoal/grill utensils, and I found the propane stove and a propane lantern. I'll get a canister for them today.

OldmanandtheC:
Great!. I've got the charcoal/grill utensils, and I found the propane stove and a propane lantern. I'll get a canister for them today.
It looks like we won't need charcoal for this BBQ. I spoke with Tech Admin and he's going to be getting a gas grill to bring to Vet's Park.

But have no fear, we'll need charcoal next month in La Jolla! :D

Christian

Now that we have fire, who want to bring the burgers and buns?

I'll bring ketchup.

Christian

OldmanandtheC:

Do we need to 2 propane stoves? I can leave my stuff at home if you are going to bring yours OldmanandtheC. That would free me up to bring the buns. Let me know.

Say...will there be someone at the picnic area throughout the day? Will we be able to bring some stuff, i.e. and extra tank, etc., without having to worry about getting ripped off? I will be happy to take a watch if necessary.

Thanks,
Geoff

Kayak Diver:
Say...will there be someone at the picnic area throughout the day? Will we be able to bring some stuff, i.e. and extra tank, etc., without having to worry about getting ripped off? I will be happy to take a watch if necessary.

Thanks,
Geoff
Yes. We always wind up diving in shifts. Not because we plan it, but because it just works out that way.

If I see that no one is there to watch stuff when it's time to jump in, I will wait until the next person comes back. Others will do the same. After a dive, people are usually just going to hang out for their surface interval anyway.

Even if people go out to dive another location, they come back afterwards to hang out. I just consider their drive time part of their dive time. :D

It works out nicely.

Christian

Switch me from charcoal to burgers (can someone give me an idea of how many?) and buns.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom