Wrinkles May '06 Dive Planning Thread - La Jolla

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SWAT team? I guess this will be my last time on the mainland period! I don't need to deal with that kind of stuff. Let us know if you are OK, Missy.

Thanks, Terry, for leading Andrea and I to the south wall. Managed to get some good video of two crabs making whoopee. Also found the sand dollars on the way back in to shore.

All in all I think I got eight "new" species on tape on the two dies we did. That's a day well spent. Enjoyed the comraderie of everyone (as always). It really makes the event!

I was surprised at how easy the surface swims were despite the distances. Not used to spending so much time there on a dive, but it was worth it to see what we saw. I still have to question why you mainlanders call those "walls" though!

Look forward to future Wrinkles events, possibly even next month at Laguna (which Andrea and I are diving tomorrow with Heather and Charlie).

Bill

MissyP:
Ok.. of all the days for some nut to hole himself up in his condo (in my complex) with a rifle.... SWAT team won't let anyone in or out of here, since 730-8am this morning.....
ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH...

All of my gear is packed, but I can't get out of here :(

WOW!

I saw that on the news this evening. Sorry you didn't make it (and you had to stay inside). I guess I was lucky enough to escape just before it all started... I'm sure there would have been roadblocks all over if we had left any later.

What an awesome day!! By 2:00 pm everybody was gellin' in the warm sunshine, having seen those sea bass and wolf eels, buckets o' nudis, dolphins cavorting in the shallows, and delightfully sarcastic sarcastic fringeheads. We grilled up meat, had 274 lbs. of potato salad and a tiramisu to die for. I really needed today. Thanks everybody - it was great to see you again!! Missy, David and Kimber, sorry you didn't make it! Next time, OK?

John

The Wrinkles was excellent!

We had a great time, and met alot of SB members in person, the burgers and dogs hit the spot, and the weather was nice.

Thank you Christian for getting my new BP/W setup tuned in, and organizing this event month after month. You Rock!

Thanks to Josh and Ted for diving with me. Sorry someone ran out of air:D and ended the dive early.

Thanks, Terry, for the inflater hose loan. You saved the day.

And the Tiramasu, WOW! "I AM", tell your wife thank you.

Can't wait for the next one!

Rick

Many thanks to Christian, Ted and all those who work to make these gatherings possible.

I know I had fun. Great day, nice conditions, beautiful location, and great people.

I saw some old friends, met some new ones, was introduced to some new cool spots off LaJolla Shores.

Good food too, yum.

Gotta go attack that pile 'o' dive gear that needs washing.....

Tobin

I had a great time diving and hanging out with everyone yesterday. Dr.Bill!! Thanks for letting me show you the "WALL" LOL. Really, its wall. If it were on land, you could fall off it. Hope to see you all at Laguna next month. Andrea, you have NO EXCUSE!

Terry

Thanks for making my first Wrinkles a great time! Only had the chance to get one dive in (thanks I_AM!), but the conditions were great!

Muchas Gracias, Christian, and all who made it a success!

P.S.: I know there were some cameras floating around...can we see some pics?

Back
Top Bottom