Wrinkles May '06 Dive Planning Thread - La Jolla

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As much as I really want to go I'm stuck getting a proposal done before a major travel cycle, and driving to SD and back is going to hurt my progress. Sandeater's is talking about maybe Divers Cove in Laguna for Sunday at 8 AM and I noticed Dr. Bill mentioned Laguna on Sunday. Is it appropriate to drum up a post-Wrinkles Laguna Sunday AM on this thread?

Jim

LAJim:
As much as I really want to go I'm stuck getting a proposal done before a major travel cycle, and driving to SD and back is going to hurt my progress. Sandeater's is talking about maybe Divers Cove in Laguna for Sunday at 8 AM and I noticed Dr. Bill mentioned Laguna on Sunday. Is it appropriate to drum up a post-Wrinkles Laguna Sunday AM on this thread?

Jim
Hi Jim,

You may be able to get some people driving back from La Jolla to join you, but might reach more people if you start a new thread. The people who already know that they can't make it to La Jolla this Saturday are probably not reading this thread, but they may be available for a dive on Sunday in Laguna.

We'll miss you. Good luck with the proposal.

Christian

Now I have served smaller groups but this will be my first time slingin meat for 30 people. How many burgers and dogs do you think I need.

divinman:
Now I have served smaller groups but this will be my first time slingin meat for 30 people. How many burgers and dogs do you think I need.
Most people will eat burgers, less people will eat hot dogs and some will eat something completely different.

I think that if you plan enough burgers for 1.25 each and assume that only half of the people will want a hot dog that you will still have food left over. Round up to whatever makes it complete packages.

Make sure you cooridinate this with whoever is buying the buns so that they come out close to even. :wink:

That's my guesstimate.

Christian

So about 40 hamburgers?? and 15 hotdogs?

Ok.

Glycerin (Josh) You hear that?

Terry

divinman:
So about 40 hamburgers?? and 15 hotdogs?

Ok.

Glycerin (Josh) You hear that?

Terry
Yep! That should be more than enough. I'm guessing that we'll be trying to get people to take stuff home at the end of the day, just like we do everytime!

Christian

Hey, we always get the wander through guys and gals at LJS as well. I am sure we can feed em as well. I'll go to Costco tonight after work.

Terry

Back
Top Bottom