Wrinkles November '06 Dive Planning Thread - Catalina Island

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

drbill:
Although I will probably be on the King Neptune during the day, I'll join the festivities in nthe evening. If the boat doesn't go out, I'll be at the Point.

JodiBB- Tanks are available at the Point thru CDS ($13 I think) and SCUBA Luv in town.

Can we talk you into leading a night dive on the Valiant Friday eve ? Still can't forget the last dive we did on her ... most excellent

I'm from Toronto and planning on visiting Catalina for the first time soemtime in November. Is this event open to non-SoCal based divers, as I am interested in doing some diving?

wndrlst02:
I'm from Toronto and planning on visiting Catalina for the first time soemtime in November. Is this event open to non-SoCal based divers, as I am interested in doing some diving?
Absolutely!

We have had people join us from various places around the world and always welcome it.

Going to Catalina would be a great introduction to California diving and this is a fun group that is quite familiar with the area.

If you plan to spend the whole weekend on Catalina with us (as opposed to just coming over for the day on Saturday), you'll find this package to be quite a good value.

Let us know in this thread what plans you make and we'll be sure to meet up with you.

Christian

This is great! I will call the place that you have arranged the package for the weekend. I'm planning to be on Catalina from Friday to Monday, and the idea of diving with a local group definitely sounds more fun and exciting than figuring it out on my own. Looking forward to meet everyone there.

I booked my room today and the hotel told me they are sold out of rooms for normal guests. There is still reserved space for ScubaBoard members but it's limited so if you want to get in on the deal, I'd suggest you call soon.

See everyone next month!

riguerin:
Can we talk you into leading a night dive on the Valiant Friday eve ? Still can't forget the last dive we did on her ... most excellent

Don't think so as I'll probably have done a few "really deep" dives that day, so a 100 ft dive may be unwise.

I spoke to Seaport Village Inn today and if someone calls to make a reservation and does not mention ScubaBoard they will be told that the hotel is full. It is not full for ScubaBoard.

They are holding rooms aside for ScubaBoard. Make sure to call and make your reservations because at some point they will need to release these rooms.

So if you haven't already, call Seaport Village Inn and join us for the weekend!

Christian

Hopefully it's not too late. I'll be calling in the morning to see if there is any availability left. :14:

I would love to join you all but unfortunately I have been tasked with going to MAUI for 10 days over my birthday weekend. I will most likely have to dive quite a bit while there so I don't know if I will be able to post more than a few pictures a day here.

Sometimes life hands you lemons, and you just gotta make lemonade.

:D

Looks like Lisa has to work that weekend...........:(

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom