Wrinkles November '06 Dive Planning Thread - Catalina Island

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm a little peeved at the moment. Made my original reservation quite awhile back...never received my boat ticket via email. Called again yesterday, Raul (sp?) said he would resend it asap....once again it never came.

I'm going to have to call again tomorrow which irks me because I'll be out of town all day and leaving early on friday...my time to hang around checking the internet/email is limited...

Aside from that....I'm really looking forward to seeing you guys on Fri/Sat

Divmstr223:
I'm a little peeved at the moment. Made my original reservation quite awhile back...never received my boat ticket via email. Called again yesterday, Raul (sp?) said he would resend it asap....once again it never came.

Yikes... I guess you actually thought we have a US Post Office out here on Catalina. Actually, we still use carrier pigeons... and we all know VP Cheney was out hunting yesterday. Just teasing, but mail here only goes out once a day.

Divmstr223:

I'm going to have to call again tomorrow which irks me because I'll be out of town all day and leaving early on friday...my time to hang around checking the internet/email is limited...

Aside from that....I'm really looking forward to seeing you guys on Fri/Sat

You should have received an e-mail with a Catalina Express reservation number.

riguerin:
You should have received an e-mail with a Catalina Express reservation number.

Nope...I never recieved an email...I confirmed my email with them both times. :( I'll call tomorrow morning and stay on the phone with them as they send it. Otherwise I'm going to be a very unhappy camper when I show up at the Express having to buy a ticket....:confused:

We'll see what happens tomorrow...:wink:

headhunter:
Since we've had such great luck at the Ristorante Villa Portofino everytime we go to Catalina, let's go there on Saturday night when the most people can join us.

Let me know in this thread if you can make it to dinner, so that I can get a head count and make a reservation.

I'm open to suggestions for Friday night, so where do you want to go on Friday night?

Since I've got a suite with a kitchen at the Seaport Village Inn, I want to invite everyone to use the room as a gathering place on both Friday and Saturday night before dinner.

We can make it a pot luck in keeping with the usual Wrinkles fun. I'll go to the grocery store and get some basics for appetizers when I arrive on Friday. Maybe we'll establish a new tradition for our Wrinkles dives! :wink:

If you don't have my cell phone number, PM me so that I can get that to you. If you don't think I have your cell number, feel free to PM it to me. This way we can all get in touch about any last minute plans.

I'm really looking forward to seeing you all this weekend. To top it all off, it looks like the weather is going to be fantastic!

Christian

We'll probably be diving through dinners on this one. Lots to get done in only a few days.

But thanks! I'm sure we'll be running into y'all in the lot and under water.

---
Ken

Mo2vation:
I'm sure we'll be running into y'all in the lot and under water.

Ken

Heh, heh... not if I can help it!

Have fun you crazy kids!

I had a blast meeting all at the last wrinkles dive, and until a couple weeks ago was planning this one, but I was called on for my videography skills to film a bodybuilding competition all day Sat, ick :-/ At least I'll know that for every person I film without a neck, I'll be that much closer to my DSS BP/W setup...

See you all at Leo Carillo in Dec :)

Hey Guys!

So is anyone going up early that would want to lead a dive to the Valliant? Kim and I heard about this wreck and want to get out there. We'll be going over on the 12pm ferry Friday so if we get permission to dive it early Saturday morning may work????

Thanks!
Jen

ChickOfTheSea:
Hey Guys!

So is anyone going up early that would want to lead a dive to the Valliant? Kim and I heard about this wreck and want to get out there. We'll be going over on the 12pm ferry Friday so if we get permission to dive it early Saturday morning may work????

Thanks!
Jen

I got you covered Jen, we'll have a nice dive on the Valient, and hopefully find some nudie's

scott

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom