Wrist Mounted Depth Gauge

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Also, I was never good at spelling while typing fast but just for general info---both gage and guage are correct spellings. The "guage" is a more archaic form and nowadys "gage" is a more common spelling. There is no real difference in useage or meaning in this particular context as I have seen both used in texts for engineering etc., anyway, there you have it. N

ok now im a wizz on "gauges" i feel i could build one from junk under the floorboards, and heres one i made earlier... :eyebrow:

Nemrod:
Also, I was never good at spelling while typing fast but just for general info---both gage and guage are correct spellings. The "guage" is a more archaic form and nowadys "gage" is a more common spelling. There is no real difference in useage or meaning in this particular context as I have seen both used in texts for engineering etc., anyway, there you have it. N

According to my Concise Oxford Dictionary, gage is the US variation of gauge.

That Genisis is not a bad looking guage and it appears to have a max depth memory following needle. It also curiously appears to have a rubber housing that looks an awful lot like the "boot" someone else gave a link too.
It also seems to have an expanded scale and that proably indicates it is a diaphram type guage. Price seems decent. Problem is that I have not heard much good about LeisurePro. N

The few times I've ordered anything from LP the transaction has been quite satisfactory. As for the Genesis depth gauge... looks good to me. I have an old Oceanic capsule that I've been thinking about putting into a wrist boot. I also have a PT bottom timer but it quit working so I need to find another one.

While I have a Suunto Stinger and it works great for logging dives the numbers are small and it is digital. I prefer analog as it gives me a better mental picture. I don't need a precision display of a non-precision measurement. I just need to see the general information to confirm what I've been tracking.

Pug, I too like the mental picture analog needles give me!

Muzzwezz, you English folks started all this pounds and feet stuff and then you foist it off on us poor colonials and then you switch over to that sissy metric system. Dude, buck up, I think you can manage feet, it is in your genes. Let's see, Britan was once the most powerful country in the world, the largest empire and a great Navy, then you guys switched to the metric system and now look what happened. N

Nemrod:

Muzzwezz, you English folks started all this pounds and feet stuff and then you foist it off on us poor colonials and then you switch over to that sissy metric system. Dude, buck up, I think you can manage feet, it is in your genes. Let's see, Britan was once the most powerful country in the world, the largest empire and a great Navy, then you guys switched to the metric system and now look what happened. N

Post of the day.

I use the Genesis, I like it. The wrist boot, from Genesis, is an add-on - you can take the guage out of the boot to put in other boots, consoles, etc.

Genesis, started in 1996 by Cramer Decker Industries (Sherwood), offers cheaper equipment than many other companies because they manufacture componants drived from patents that have expired.

Nemrod:

LOL!
Thanks I feel soo appreciated, well we arnt the most powerful but i still think we have the most brain power. Ok i only need to divide by 3 but i do enough maths at school, scuba is a time to relax and swim about not being tortured underwater trying to do blasted sums!

And its still in the mix, still use miles, use feet for my height but Cm/M for measuring etc.. its a good mix and i like it. There’s no point anyway for having three times a larger number for a small distance, you don’t need to be three times as accrete.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom