Wrist mounted Vs consol

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have a Suunto Vyper in a wrist boot. I have considered taking it out of the boot and putting it on my console but I think it's easier to look after as it is. Also I don't know how easy it would be to download from it if it was console mounted as the interface connection is on the back.

i was looking at the aeris 2 console pc i don't think i would like it on my wrist. If i was to reach for something and it gets cought up might cause a problem. Plus i kinda like the idea as i'm trying to look at my info i can just glance down the console and see my air or if im using the comp i can get all my info with out having to take my eyes off my comp but for a sec. Just some of my ideas but being a newbie too i am always open for ideas.

For a totally different slant....

I have my computer in my console and I wish I had it on my wrist. I bought the IR link so that I can download the dive profiles to my PC and I have to drag my whole reg set, octo and console to my PC.

Something to think about ;-)

I like computer on my wrist as I can always find my wrist quickly, even in almost zero vis. And as mentioned above it makes going into log mode later or downloading to PC somewhat easier.

I like wrist mount, always easy to find. In the worst case, if you have to ditch your equipment and surface, you still have it with you.

I've got one in the console (nitrox) and one on my wrist (my old air one.) I almost always look at the wrist one as it's easier, unless I specifically want to see the info on the other computer.

Wrist mounted Aeris Atmos 2 here. Whenever I want to check depth or time, I don't have to reach for it because it's right there in front of me. Having it on my right wrist makes ascent and safety stop easy because, again, it's right there in front of me as I manage buoyance with my left hand.

Took mine out of my console and put it in a wrist boot. Swapped it back after i kept leaving it on my desk after logging dive. Although i have to drag my whole reg inside to log the dive at least i dont leave the computer behind...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom