Wrong Side of Island

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I'll be staying near the Kaibo Marina during late December and early January. Is there any dive operation that picks up at the Marina or do I have to drive to the East end, Southside, or West End to dive?

I will be staying in West Bay the first week of Jan. and on the East End the 2nd week. Regarding diving, diversteve gave you 2 places, but if you go as far as the Morritt's, you may as well drive the extra 10 minutes to Ocean Frontiers, located at Compass Point Dive Resort. It's all off of the same road and you will see it on your way to Kaibo Marina. Dove with them a few years back and am going to dive with them again (but am staying there also for the first time.) Good op, well run. If you're there the 2nd week, maybe we'll run into each other.

Kaibo is a neat area. Went to their Beach BBQ buffet and had a great time. Starfish beach is also close by. Snorkeled off the beach and found lots of huge starfish. Pretty cool!

+1 for Ocean Frontiers. Have gone out with them a number of times. High quality dive operation and they dive east end which is arguably the best diving on the island.

I assume that if Red Sail is leaving from Rum Point, they will dive the east part of the north wall or further east. Also excellent. Have not gone out with this op for many years so can't comment.

Red Sail's Rum Point operation can arrange for a boat that departs from the west side to cross the North Sound for a pickup if conditions are suitable for North Wall diving. Christmastime the odds are not good.

If the diving is good for the North Wall then the boat would cover any of the same sites that the boat would have covered without picking you up. There are no dive sites that are only accessed with a Rum Point pickup as a short distance east of there is a No Dive Zone.

Otherwise they can book you on a west side Red Sail dive boat, but you would need to drive to Seven Mile Beach to meet the boat. Or they can book you with Tortuga Divers (which is a Red Sail company) with departure from Morritts (a 25 minute drive to East End).

Tom,

Came across the following while looking for what we might do New Years Eve (maybe you did too.) The Cayman Ferries go between Camana Bay and the Kaibo Yacht Club every day, multiple times, except on Mondays for CI $20 round trip.

Back
Top Bottom