WTB: Olympus PT-010 housing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jay_SMART_Diver:

Not sure why you put that link in...Did you want to make a point about a price you saw? If so, what was that price?

And, I'm not the one needing the PT-010...I was just making the point that the PT-010 is likely to cost alot less than the camera/housing combo...

:banana:

No,

I was just trying to help the guy out, because I remebered I had seen one at this place for sale. So, I posted the link, but noticed (rather sheepishly) about 3 minutes later that they were out of stock.

Sorry about that

Chris

Gentlemen, lets not get our panties in a wad here. All I did was give a link to what the poster specifically asked for.
Then I offered an alternative set-up for that camera , and preferences it with "in my opinion", which include a housing, camera, strobe, bulk head, sync cable, spotting light, and pelican case, which might suit their needs better. I don't believe there would be many, if any here, who wouldn't agree a tetra housing is much better option than an Oly housing. At the time of my posting, the setup was at $258. With in a few hours of me posting this, the price doubled. I hope it is coco loco, as even at $600 +,"IN MY OPINION", I still fill it is a better option, and a better value, than the Oly housing, especially if the buyer will be getting a strobe( as most do, "in My Opinion"). A Tetra housing is worth around 350-400, YS-90 DX strobe is worth around 300-350, bulk head, and sync cord are 75-100 combined, and the ULCS arms, 100-125. I believe this setup to be easily worth $700+, most have sold for alot more. And you get a free spotting light and a pelican case to put it all in. Of course, this is all "JUST MY OPINION" !! Sorry for the smart *** attitude, but i find it interesting, you couldn't accomplish the original request, but you flamed me because I did that, and I offered the poster another option. I know I APPRECIATE when another poster, gives me another option to look at. JMHO!!

BrandtD.....I appreciate you not only answering flouderboys question but offering him an alternative, I'm sure he appreciates it, too.

As most of us know, there's always more than one way to go and maybe he didn't realize he had another option.

And BTW....in MY OPINION... your attitude is justified. :D

my only question is why i am in front of the puter and not diving

I was the already own one reply
and recomend if you find one

Dive safe

Mark s

coco loco:
Hi, I am new to scuba board. I am looking for a pt-010 housing for my wife's digital camera (olympus 3040). Our anniversary is close and I wanted to find this for her. If anyone could help, please let me know. I would be interested in new or used. Thank you for your assistance.

I know this might be a bit late - but I have a PT-010 for sale. Has box and all the original accessories - used on only one dive trip. Open to a decent offer.

Let me know if you are still looking for one.

Thanks

Jonnyboy:
I know this might be a bit late - but I have a PT-010 for sale. Has box and all the original accessories - used on only one dive trip. Open to a decent offer.

Let me know if you are still looking for one.

Thanks

I'm sure if you post it for sell here, you will sell it, as they are getting pretty hard to come by.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom