XS Scuba Sea Air Trimetal reg?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey mheaster:
Sure, I'll be in the office all week. Give me a call; Toll-Free 866 977-2822. I'm eager to review a second stage with a stiff adjustment knob, figure out what's causing it and how to prevent it. Thanks for your support of XS Scuba, we can always use more fans.

mheaster:
I too purchase 2 of these XS-ScubaTri-Metal Regulators RIGHT after the good magazine reviews came out. I am pleased with t he quiality and the attractive price! I will state that I too have noticed the adjustment on them are quite stiff. I decided to wait and see if they loosened up buit they haven't.

I have heard this observation before from others.

When you stated to call you I am interpreting that as open to anyone?

Can you please elaborate on any known problems, issues or defects with this "Sticky Adjustment Knob" problem?

Don't misinterpret, I am a fan! I think your company has a great mix of HIGH Quality and REASONABLE pricing!

I second all the good things said about the XS SeaAir Trimetals. My wife and I each have one and they breathe great.

We do find the 2nd stage adjustment knob to be sticky though. Any input or suggestions as to how to fix or reduce the stickiness would be much appreciated.

"XS Scuba": I'd be happy to call you and describe the issue if you think you'd be able to help.

there is nothing i like better than supporting a new company! i will be buying the tri-metal asap to go with my first set up. seems like the customer service is really there, unlike with the really big companies.

Clyderyde:
I'm looking for people that have experience with the sea air trimetal reg by XS Scuba (formally IDI). It has good press in the slick magazines and I have a local dealer who swears by them. Is it durable? ect.

I'm looking to replace an aging scuba pro mk10 g250.

Thanks,

I have one that I won in a contest about the same time I bought my new Zeagle. I'm used to the comfo-bite mouthpieces I put on the Zeagle, and my old Sherwood, and with a class-3 underbite, it makes a difference. That is no reflection on the Sea-aire, however.

The reg breathed great as deep as 90ft, it didn't matter to me that the adjusment knob was stiff (in that it could only be easily adjusted out of the mouth) as I saw no difference between wide open and closed. Good breathing and light regulator, and the hose arrangements are top-notch. The double-swivels in the first stage give almost too many available positions.

Price-wise, it looks great for the money.

I bought the XS Scuba Tri-metal reg and octo for my wife and I's first reg set. We are new divers and used them on our first real dive trip (Belize). They worked just great for use and gave us no problems. I didn't seem to notice any sticky adjusment knob problem with my reg. Great product for a great price.

One more XS Scuba fan. Very good reg - the mouthpiece is more comfortable and it almost breathes easier than my Atomic. I say almost, 'cause I payed so much more for the Atomic :banghead:

I just got a good offer yesterday for these XS Scuba regs. A Sea Air TriMetal and the Spirit regulator. I've heard and read a lot about Sea Air Trimetal but not so much about the RG100 Spirit regulator. Maybe Mike of XS Scuba can chime in. Anyway the price is unbeatable. Even I end up buying both it's still cheaper than what I am using now.

Safe diving,

Chris.......

Hey Chris:
I appreciate your support and hope you enjoy diving your new regulators. Did you have a specific question?

cjv:
I just got a good offer yesterday for these XS Scuba regs. A Sea Air TriMetal and the Spirit regulator. I've heard and read a lot about Sea Air Trimetal but not so much about the RG100 Spirit regulator. Maybe Mike of XS Scuba can chime in. Anyway the price is unbeatable. Even I end up buying both it's still cheaper than what I am using now.

Safe diving,

Chris.......

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom