XS Scuba Sea Air Trimetal reg?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'll definitely help you by taking the ageing MK10 G250 off your hands. Unless there's something wrong with it, though, I'd suggest you keep it and have it serviced.

I wanted to get the TriMetal too because of the reviews it got.
But when I talked with someone about it telling him that one of my most important things is that it will be portable - so I can go and get it serviced in any country, he recommended that I'll forget about it because its a new company/product and it will be relatively hard to get service for it everywhere.

I ended up getting a Zeagle Envoy Deluxe - almost the same price and in my opinion its a good regulator - I have it set up so I won't have to try and breath underwater - when the knob is closed I need to take a breath with little or no effort, when the knob is fully open, I just give it a little push and it fills my lungs by itself - I think its a great thing as I don't feel tired after the dive.

Its not a strong push into my lungs, it feels natural and gentle so I'm very happy with it, if I get tired from it, I just close the knob a little bit, I've noticed that for different depths a different setting in the knob serves me best so I adjust it once in a while.

Hope this wasn't completely off topic.. :D

I own one of IDI regulators but actually do not know all it's specs. Second stage is marked IDI Star II and I hope 1-st stage is the same. It has 5 LP-ports on swivel and two HP ports. Here is the picture
REG1.JPG

It works excellent (with SP R190 2-nd) but if anybody could tell me full list of specs of this reg I would appreciate. There is no info in the net=(
Sorry if it is offtopic=)

I am a new diver but I tried 5 different regs on my first 7 dives. I then bought a Sea Air on the advice of my LDS. When I dove with it the first time, I found that the adjustment knob needed to be turned all the way in at any depth (went to 85 ft) or it would bleed air into my mouth even after I meant to stop inhaling. This made me an air hog until I figured out I needed to turn the knob all the way in. Of course, this increased the effort needed to pull air in greatly, especially at depth, but at least I was able to stay down as long as everyone else. I took the unit back for an adjustment, which the LDS did right away. Unfortunately, I haven't been diving since I got the reg back, but I am optimistic that the problem is corrected. I think I am going to like this reg, it is very comfortable to wear. Once I get back in the water to verify the adjustment did the trick, I'll report back.

Mike

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom