xtx100 v legend lx

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Coral, don't seem to be getting any Legend fans... but there is very much apex and Atomic camps. I know my vote is Apex.. but which one? Your diving, I would suggest the 100, but all I have are 200's.

Apex environmental system uses air (not liquid)

As I get my XTX and my ATX serviced at the same time each year, I happen to know they use the same parts, and both breathe the same.

The only major regs I have not tried are atomic, so I cannot compare the two, except to say, based on how people like them, they must be fairly good.

The legend is a clone of the ATX 200. It has a short exhaust "T" that can't be changed.

All XTX 2nd stages have a swappable long & short exhaust "T"

When comparing the size of my buddies XTX50 2nd stage exhaust T "long version" to my Legend LX 2nd stage exhaust T, they are basically the same size. The Legend might even be a bit longer. I shoot macro a lot and have found no bubble interference whatsoever.

So if you want a short exhaust T option then go with the XTX but if you prefer a longer one, either reg will suffice.

Also I've breathed off of both the XTX50/Legend and quite frankly I couldn't tell the difference. I'd say go with the one you can get cheaper and readily serviced.

Went to one of the lds in my area with a heated indoor pool and tested an atomic reg. Obviously you can't judge how well a reg breathes in a pool but I wanted to see what it felt like to have that type of reg in my mouth since I have only dove one with a side exhaust.

Gotta admit it felt really weird to have bubbles go past my ears... sort of tickled and I kept wanting to brush them away.

Have been told that after a dive or 2 I won't notice it.... but just the same, I wish I could find brand new parts to rebuild my 2nd.

There's a shop near me and the owner used to dive the same reg as mine and he thinks he might be able to find some parts.... I am heading over there on Monday and am keeping my fingers crossed until then! :blinking:

Not too concerned about finding a good first stage to hook it up to.

Back
Top Bottom