Yay, advanced C-card

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DrownedRat

Reaction score
Well I finally bit the bullet and took the advanced o/w course. Too many charters won't let you one without one now and it's a prereq for the ice diver course, so after close to 80 dives I did it :) Congrats to Airmiser as well who took the classes with me and is now also certified<able>. Had a really great instructor which made the whole process a lot more fun and interesting.

Cheers

Congrats, Rat! Way to go!

Glad to hear you had a good time with it.

DrownedRat:
Well I finally bit the bullet and took the advanced o/w course. Too many charters won't let you one without one now and it's a prereq for the ice diver course, so after close to 80 dives I did it :) Congrats to Airmiser as well who took the classes with me and is now also certified<able>. Had a really great instructor which made the whole process a lot more fun and interesting.

Cheers

Congrats Shawn & Matt, nothing beats more training and experience. What's next on your list?

Well it all depends on how much more cash I'm willing to blow this year lol. Depending on timing I believe it will either be the rescue diver course or the ice diver this winter. Those two are at the top of my list. I think I'll hold off on the nitrox til next year.

Under Michael:
Congrats Shawn & Matt, nothing beats more training and experience. What's next on your list?

Thanks June,
I've come a long way since our dive together last year :)

DivingGal:
Way to go guys...

If I say no, do I still get to try out you wing? ;-)

artw:
Might I suggest DIR-F :wink:

DrownedRat:
I think I'll hold off on the nitrox til next year.
I would do the Nitrox before the rescue and ice... Not only does it give you increased bottom time, the theory taught in that course gives you a better understanding of physiology.. That will come in handy when you do the Rescue later.. Nitrox rocks... :)

Way to go Rat. I like to hear people say that the AOW course is fun and interesting, that is what it is supposed to be.

Far too many people think AOW is designed to make you an expert diver when it is just an introduction to some of the other cool types of diving you can do.

Ice diving....... now there is an oxymoron that I think Ill leave to you northerners.

Back
Top Bottom