Yet another how's the weather question...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Headed there in a week. How are the bottom temps and viz running?

Headed there in a week. How are the bottom temps and viz running?

I think my computer is sampling the temps weird, but from the upload to my pc at 100ft it was 82-84F. I was wearing a full 3/2 that's compressed down a lot and was never cold in the water 3 dives a day.

Viz varied by site and I'm a pretty bad judge, but it was easily in the 75-100+ feet range.

Heading down the second week of December. Got a deal on a Mares 5/4/3 ($124, list is $350) and am trying to decide whether to keep it for the trip. I usually wear a full 3mm and have been chilly the last few diving trips (Dominica in April and Coz in June). Usually do at least 3 dives a day.

Do I need it? Or should I just try to find a vest for under my 3mm?

Sorry, I don't know how much if any the water temps will drop in the next 6 weeks... However I get the impression it never goes much below the high 70's. how cold was it in dominica/coz? My guess is you will be happy with the 5/4/3 and its one less item to pack then a full 3 and a vest. Again, just my guess - you have to decide...

For water temp, right now its 85-87. Last winter i recorded 80-81 on the few dives I did. So you should be right about it not going below the high 70's.

M.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom