Yet another Saanich Inlet vis report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

With the amount of sun we have been getting this week I suspect the vis is bad everywhere.

Al: Where did you find the wolf eel?

SeanQ:
With the amount of sun we have been getting this week I suspect the vis is bad everywhere.

Al: Where did you find the wolf eel?

Like you mention with all the beautiful weather we got lately I wasn't surprise that the viz was that bad. But I took a chance anyway and I had an OK dive thanks to a powerful HID light. I know off at least 3 wolf ell at Willis, the bad thing is that they are all under 130' ft. Myself, wedivebc and a few other divers do a lot of our tech dives at Willis because it a great place to practice skills. That how we found the deeper wolf ell.
The biggest one is straight down the wall at the entrance past the new addition to Willis(bathtub) on the other of the 2 big rocks at about 150', he's been there for at least a couple of years. He's pretty shy, I guest he doesn't see too many divers at that depth. To see those wolf ells you will have to take a tech course someday :wink:

Cheers

Al

Hyper-limits:
To see those wolf ells you will have to take a tech course someday :wink:

As soon as I am in a finacial position to do so I will be in a tech class faster than you can say wolf eel. :D

Thought I'd move this back up in the forum... :)

Anyone been to the Inlet lately??

Heard it was 5-10ft vis... which doesn't really surprise with all the nice weather we've been having.

NavyDoll

NavyDoll:
Thought I'd move this back up in the forum... :)

Anyone been to the Inlet lately??

Heard it was 5-10ft vis... which doesn't really surprise with all the nice weather we've been having.

NavyDoll

I was there yesterday with wedivebc and it's not good.
5-10ft at the most all the way down to 130ft. we still manage to see 3 wolf ell on the dive.

cheers

Al

Hyper-limits:
I was there yesterday with wedivebc and it's not good.
5-10ft at the most all the way down to 130ft. we still manage to see 3 wolf ell on the dive.

cheers

Al
C'mon ya big woos. The vis was fine 10-15ft

Hyper-limits:
Did a dive today at Willis Pt. the viz sucks stay away from the inlet.

viz 5ft or less under 20ft.

cheers

Al

Ha 20+ ft vis today. Found a bunch of salmon heads down the wall. Someone chumming for 6 gills? I don't believe they feed in shallow water.

wedivebc:
Ha 20+ ft vis today. Found a bunch of salmon heads down the wall. Someone chumming for 6 gills? I don't believe they feed in shallow water.

Sixgill don't feed on salmon heads anyway, they usually feed on deep technical divers :D

I have seen 2 six gills there above 120 ft. I took the fish down with me on Wednesday to increase the chances of seeing them. No luck, just sat in the tub for 25 minutes and got bored. Lotsa fish and crabs showed up pretty quick. I think the secret is to put down the bait first then go down maybe 15-20 min later. Have you guys even heard of this working?

BTW My buddy forgot to bring the rubbermaid container up with us, going back to hopefully get it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom