Yet another Saanich Inlet vis report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ChillyWaters:
Here are the pics: http://www.cs.uvic.ca/~sshelfor/photos/diving-2005-08-06/

I am curious how much a strobe enhances photos? As mentioned, I don't use my flash due to inconsistent lighting, overexposure in macro, and backscatter. The LDSs should rent them.

I saw my first golden dirona (I love nudis). Man, she's funny looking.

The jellyfish seemed massive, as far as I remember. 4 feet across?? It was a LONG way away, and it still filled the photo.

Too bad about the lack of a 6-gill. I'm a little suspicious of the guy before us though. I sure hope he was trained for solo diving. I don't even remember seeing a pony bottle! 100fsw solo without a pony is asking for trouble. Hmmmm... hopefully I missed it.

- ChillyWaters

Some of those photos (expecially the shrimp) turned out very well. Were those all the pictures or only the ones that turned out? I need to find a better way of securing that SL400 light...

I'm not sure how big that jellyfish was. It was difficult to determine the size from the distance we were at. I didn't want to get much closer though.

I didn't see a pony nor did I look close enough to see an H/Y valve. Scary. :11:

swankenstein:
Just for the record, that wasn't me.

No, you always got a little something swung under your arm... a little smarter.

SeanQ:
Some of those photos (expecially the shrimp) turned out very well. Were those all the pictures or only the ones that turned out? I need to find a better way of securing that SL400 light...

I love that shrimp shot! It's my new desktop pic.

I posted most of the pics. I just didn't take that many yesterday. A couple didn't turn out, and a couple were, more or less, duplicates. And I didn't post the "above water" shot of 'ya.

- ChillyWaters

Paul F and I took some scooters from MacKenzie Bight to Willis yesterday. Well tried to anyway. We ran out of battery charge about 30 min into it. (crappy SeaDoos) We kept on swimming anyway since it was too far to turn back. We ended up with 120 min BT. We ended up finishing just at the head of Willis Pt Rd. where it meeats Mark Lane. The vis was awesome, unlimited to 90 ft. It was like a winter dive. there is some neat dives all along there. Saw a couple small wrecks (fishing boat and a dingy) dogfish and wolf eel. The guy that gave us a ride back to the van said we can come and use his plane dock to dive the area again. Too bad there wasn't more access to the inlet along there.

Unlimited vis... very, very exciting. I may have to cancel my "Sooke Potholes" plan for some quality BT with great vis!! Of course, with my luck today's sunny, warm weather has probably closed the vis to 3 3/8 inches at 150fsw... hee hee... let's hope not!!

Have a great weekend everyone :)

NavyDoll:
Unlimited vis... very, very exciting. I may have to cancel my "Sooke Potholes" plan for some quality BT with great vis!! Of course, with my luck today's sunny, warm weather has probably closed the vis to 3 3/8 inches at 150fsw... hee hee... let's hope not!!

Have a great weekend everyone :)

must.................go...............diving, I'm way too dry lately :)

Back
Top Bottom