Your Regulator of Choice?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm getting back into diving after a few years. I just bought the Zeagle Flathead. Supposedly one of the best! Particularly good for cold water.

I own plenty of high-end/high performance regs and my fav is a SP MK 25 with a G-250 Graphite 2nd. It is hands down the easiest breathing one I've ever used. I own Atomic Ti's and Apeks TX 200's.

So many brands to choose, features to consider.. i own an Apeks, SP, Mares but right now the best value for money is Edge/HOG. they work great and i cant really tell any difference in performance with my more expensive regs.

I love my Apex XTX 200 regulator. It is very comfortable in my mouth, even though I have braces. The breathability at all depths is consistent and easy, and I love its dependibility. Conversely, I have an Oceanic Delta, and I would not wish for my worst enemy to dive with that piece of (expletive deleted).

I've also had problems with Delta 2. I'm sure I've overbreathed it even though it's said to be impossible. Now I use it as an octopus on an Atomic ST1.

Adam

My first regulator was a double hose US Diver Royal Aqua Master bought in 69.

Wow! Me too! I certified through YMCA in 1970 using an Royal Aqua Master! A great old double hose regulator. I still have one! And at that time BC's were just coming into use and a lot of the older divers I knew felt you weren't a "real diver" if you had to rely on them. So most simply donned a mouth inflatable horse collar vest just for surface use.

I guess over the years I have lost track of all of the regulators I have had. Some pretty good, others totally abysmal (can you say, "Dacor Extreme Plus"?!).

My favorites have probably been my workhorse Poseidon Odin (still have, but don't use much), And my current fav, an Atomic M1 that I have had for several years.

I have, however, just ordered a HOG kit (D1) and am anxious to see if it is as good as I keep hearing.

My favorite regulator to use both in terms of performance, capability, smoothness, quietness and comfort is my 1973 Phoenix Royal Aqua Master double hose regulator:

DSCF00082.jpg

Or my equally capable Voit Phoenix Navy:

DSCF0002-1.jpg

I have always like the Voit MR12 as an easy to service and excellent and reliable regulator, very sturdy, all metal:

DSCF0006-1.jpg

Another favorite is the Scuba Pro R109:

DSCF0004-2.jpg

And my go to favorite is the Aqua Lung Titan LX (in any generation), easy to service, superb performance, reliable and simple.

N

Wouldn't it be the one best designed to fit your diving profile and conditions?

Nemrod,

Great pictures. Thanks for posting them.

I let a scuba instructor borrow my oceanic an he insisted that it breathed hard in shallow water and was okay below 60 feet. I still hate that reg and will never buy another oceanic again!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom