Your screen name

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Actually, it comes from my Open Water certification many years ago (and a LOT of pounds ago).

During the pool session, I was unable to easily descend. The instructor grabbed extra weights from poolside, adding them to my BC. Again, I couldn't descend after squeezing my elbows against my BC in a rib-bruising attempt to expel all air. The instructor, adding more weight, commented, "Don't worry, some people are just more naturally buoyant than others!" How diplomatically he pointed out my 'plumpness'.

Proud to say I am at least 85lbs lighter, have traded flab for a chest, bought a smaller weight belt... and only need my 12lbs of lead to descend in FW w/ my 5mm suit.

Long explanation.... but still chuckle to retell the story.

Reference to a 50's kiddie show "Andy's Gang".

PT = My initials

40 fathoms = My prefered location.

Well.......I got my handle while working at an electrical company:

My self and another individual worked as a team. This particular individual out weighed me by...well, me. Twice my weight, and much of it muscle.
He could lift just about anything, but had trouble getting certain places (10 feet up a ladder strung through celing stringers to name one).
I on the other hand am lean, limber, and have the propensity to get just about anywhere that needs getting to (10 feet up a ladder on a starewell bending elctrical conduit to an angle to name one).
We became known throughout the job site as "The Gibbon & Gorilla". Guess which one I am :)

Grazie means thank you in italian which i think is a beautiful language (although not so much when i speak it).
And 42 is a no-brainer for anyone who´s read "The hitchhikers guide to the galaxy" by Douglas Adams...if you haven´t I suggest you take appropriate steps to correct the situation :D

LOL grazie42.... I am constantly telling people that the answer to thier questions is 42!!! 9 out of 10 DON'T get it! Glad to see someone out there does!!!

Laurel- The Frog Queen
:royal:

I only give that answer when I´m sure people aren´t listening...
You´ve inspired me, from now on I´ll start spreading the gospel :wink: Let´s educate people and make the world a better place :D

MB_DIVER Monterey Bay Diver, It's where I end up every month for a couple of dives. I know what your thinking, boy do I feel sorry dor that poor MB_Diver. It's O.K, no really, it's O.K. having to dive with all of those kelp lovin fish, sea lions, harbor seals, etc was really rough after my first warm water dive experience but hey, I discovered that If I drink lots and lots of water, I am able to simulate warm water diving at least for a little while. Cool huh!:wacko:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom