Your signature line

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My first signature was just the smilies, because I happen to like palm trees and pretty fish. I admired other's quotes, but never felt compelled to add one until I found the one I have. It spoke to me on many levels, for example, I believe in taking action to support something I believe in, such as a cause. I also think it is an answer to those who complain about problems, but never do anything about them... it will stay until I find something better...

Great thread, Jennie!

I made mine to reflect the change in my life from looking at the ugly all day towards trying to see the beauty and peace that is out there waiting for us.

Hallmac

Mine came about after arguing for 2 days with someone that I couldn't reach common ground with.

I did have a really good one that went...."Dating is like bottom time.....the deeper you get in the relationship the quicker you have to get out." But then I went and got myself in a relationship so I had to change it. :D

The other part is self evident.

Chad

Took me a year to come up with one I liked. Then couldn't choose between two quotes, so used them both.

Mine is based on my belief that you shouldn't just be an 80-80-80. Though I'm the fist to admit that I do enjoy warm water. I'll probably change it when I think of somthing else to write.

I have been using my current signature for 4 years now. In fact, i use it in all my electronic correspondences. I love Shakespeare's tragedies, and this quote from Romeo and Juliet is probably THE most beautiful expression of love ever written. About once a year i try to change it, only to change my mind once I've reread it.

Mine is the excuse I use for not having vacuumed this week. (Or last week.)

Diverlady

Mine is from a piece written by Dave Barry, which probably many of you have read. The quote just stuck in my head.

I get bored easily, so mine may change often. Usually it's political in nature and reflective of my worldview and core values.

I enjoy reading others' signatures. That, along with an individual's posts, tells you a lot about people. I like the ones where the signature is totally incongruent with their behavior and opinions -- it's like huh? :1book: But what I really take pleasure in are those signatures that compel me to enlist the few critical thinking skills I have.

Forty years ago I graduated from the United States Army Engineer's School at Fort Belvoir VA. The class in which I was a student was the Refrigeration Equipment Repair. Ever since I have been employed in the heat transfer industry.(heating,air conditioning,ventilation and refrigeration)

"Essayons" is French for "Let's try" or "Let us try" Essayons is the motto of the United States Army Engineers. Supposedly this is what the American Army Engineers said to the French Engineers when the U.S. took over the construction of the Panama Cannel.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom