Zeagle 50d conversion

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

so I took the regs to the local shop. I told him what I did, he pulled the end off of the reg and took a look inside. He said that it wont work, something about the seat is different than the apeks. I told him about having to pull the reg all apart to get it to go together. He seemed to think it won't work. I still think it will. Does anybody know of a shop that I could send the regs to that might know a little more about it? I live in Alaska and thats the only dive shop around. He did put the reg on the bench and tested it. He said it checked out ok with no damage.

so I took the regs to the local shop. I told him what I did, he pulled the end off of the reg and took a look inside. He said that it wont work, something about the seat is different than the apeks. I told him about having to pull the reg all apart to get it to go together. He seemed to think it won't work. I still think it will. Does anybody know of a shop that I could send the regs to that might know a little more about it? I live in Alaska and thats the only dive shop around. He did put the reg on the bench and tested it. He said it checked out ok with no damage.
Maybe. It might be ok and then again, it might not. Depends on how deep the groove in the seat is. In a newly rebuilt one, it may be ok because it hasn't taken a deep set. Then again, it would not be a surprise to see it needing to be serviced again 6 months down the road. In addition to finding another shop, order your own IP gauge to check the regs yourself. As far as a Zeagle dealer or tech, depending on how fast you need it done, there are several you may consider
1. Regulator Repair Service
2. Home - Airtech Scuba Services
3. Welcome to REG-TECH. Your one location for all your Scuba Regulator Repair needs. REG-TECH is an authourized repair center for the following manufacures, scubapro, tusa, atomic, dacor, poseidon, apex, zeagle, oceanic, beuchat, cressi, oms, ocean managemen

The first two I know of personally and would recommend. The third I can't say one way or the other. I would, however, call all of them and tell them what you need and want to be done. Don't mess with email unless it's to just confirm the phone instructions. Too often people get lazy and don't want to make a 10-minute call that could save having to send and reply to 5 emails.

I remember having a conversation a while ago about there being some early DSTs that could not be converted to 5th port. The T50D would likely be that age of DST so it might be worth contacting Apeks and seeing if this is true about older DSTs or whether it was just a misunderstanding with the person I was talking to...

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom