Zeagle Acquired by Huish Outdoors

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just found out about this as i have been sidelined for quite a while. i hope this does not mean that your prices are going to be like atomic's. as they are way over priced in MY opinion and that you do not do away with the lifetime warranty on regulators or forced by Huish to raise your price for parts so high as you might as well buy a new reg set. i use zeagle exclusively for regs and bc's but my fiance uses atomic and i can get mine serviced yrly for 1\4 the price of her 2 yr service cost for her atomics and my regs breathe better than hers. both mid level systems

I just found out about this as i have been sidelined for quite a while. i hope this does not mean that your prices are going to be like atomic's. as they are way over priced in MY opinion and that you do not do away with the lifetime warranty on regulators or forced by Huish to raise your price for parts so high as you might as well buy a new reg set. i use zeagle exclusively for regs and bc's but my fiance uses atomic and i can get mine serviced yrly for 1\4 the price of her 2 yr service cost for her atomics and my regs breathe better than hers. both mid level systems

Don't worry, Atomic is Atomic and Zeagle is Zeagle. We both have our own quirks and specialties and there is no plan to combine our practices at this time. What you will see (or not see, depending on how good of a job we do at it) is a sharing of our creative, design and engineering skills to enhance the product lines as we continue to evolve.

As time goes on you'll see the gradual adjustment of our pricing as we introduce new features, materials, and production processes. Sometimes costs go up, sometimes we can hold off on cost increases if we become more efficient. That really won't be any different than when we operated independently. The Limited Lifetime Warranty is something we plan to continue to stand behind because, well, we make a damn good product. If it breaks, and its legitimately our fault then we'll fix it. Even if its not our fault we'll make it as cost effective as we can for you, cause we know this stuff isn't cheap to begin with.

Fear not, all is well and nobody is moving to China. In fact, I was helping to rearrange the cutting table area the other day to get ready for some new growth here at the factory in Zephyrhills. We're on the up and up!

Perhaps Huish could also buy out Bob Evans' Force Fins. He's been on the verge of shutting down and they have a loyal following.

Last edited:
I just took my 2 sets of 50D regulators to get serviced by my dealer here in Canada and was told that the parts are no longer being included under lifetime warranty even if you have them serviced within a year. One of the reasons I originally bought these regs were because of the free parts guarantee. Is this correct that Huish will no longer to honouring this lifetime warranty on parts/kits serviced by the dealer?

The exchange of service kits program that runs along with the Limited Lifetime Warranty is still in effect as of now and I'm not aware of any plans to change it, but I don't claim to have direct contact with Huish. Pardon me for a moment while I spout some legal stuff.

Warranty Information - Zeagle Dive Systems
Zeagle warranty:
8. This specific Limited Lifetime Warranty applies only to regulators sold in the USA through authorized Zeagle Systems dealers. Warranty coverage in countries other than the US varies. Outside the USA, your dealer will be able to get further Warranty information from their Authorized Zeagle Regional Distributor.
9. A regulator brought in to be serviced in any country is subject to the warranty rights established by the Zeagle Distributor for that country. That is to say, a regulator purchased in ANY country (including the USA) that is brought in for service in a different country, is subject to the terms of the warranty as it is specified in the country that it is being serviced in, not the country it was purchased in. If you purchased your regulator in the USA and want it serviced under the warranty terms for regulator purchased in the USA, you must have it serviced in the USA.
10. There is a program separate from the warranty in the USA where Service Kit parts are exchanged between the Authorized Zeagle Dealer and Zeagle at no charge. The Authorized Zeagle Dealer can then at their discretion pass these on to the original retail owner at no charge. This program is NOT part of the warranty as these part from the Service Kit have not failed, they are just recommended for replacement during the annual service interval. By choice, not all Zeagle Distributors in the world participate in this program. No matter where it was purchased, if a regulator is brought into an Authorized Zeagle Dealer in a part of the world that does not participate in this Service Kit exchange program, then the retail customer is not entitled to a free Service Kit. Outside of the USA, contact your region's Zeagle Distributor for information on whether or not they participate in this program. You can find sources for this information in your part of the world by going to the Zeagle Dealer Locator .

The tricky part with USA and Canada being so close to each other is always the legal crap where lawyers insist we (collective we, not Zeagle specifically) write up two different sets of rules even though we can wave at each other from across Niagara Falls. Prior to Huish our last distributor in Canada did participate in the same exchange of service kits program we run in the USA. As far as I am aware, Bare Canada is also participating in this program as well now. You dealer may be misinformed after the acquisition, I would encourage you to have him call us and clarify the warranty situation.

As an alternative you could send it back to us here at Zeagle for annual service, we regularly service our regulators sent back by dive shops and consumers all around the world.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom