Zeagle Acquired by Huish Outdoors

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well gosh darn.
One of the best customer service companies that I have ever had the pleasure of dealing with in any industry has just been sold.

BC's that just work great, no gimmicks, not based on a yearly "upgrade" cycle, and some of the absolutely best on the planet customer service, these are the reasons that three new divers went all Zeagle on my recommendation.

I don't see any way that this is going to be a good thing for Zeagle Customers.

Guy

As far as I know, nothing is changing short term, except that delivery will improve drastically.

The BCs will still be made in both places, as they have been for the last 5+ years, and Customer Service will remain the same as it has always been - the best! :)

There is no reason to have a "wait and see" attitude - the same people who sewed together your products two weeks ago will still be making them on Monday!

I have prided myself on being honest with y'all since 2004....there's no reason for me to start lying to you now!

Thanks,

Scott

As far as I know, nothing is changing short term, except that delivery will improve drastically.

The BCs will still be made in both places, as they have been for the last 5+ years, and Customer Service will remain the same as it has always been - the best! :)

There is no reason to have a "wait and see" attitude - the same people who sewed together your products two weeks ago will still be making them on Monday!

I have prided myself on being honest with y'all since 2004....there's no reason for me to start lying to you now!

Thanks,

Scott

I don't think the members of SB would believe you would post anything but your true thoughts on this subject. But with that said, I believe there was a post similar to this when Zeagle purchased Pinnacle Aquatics(we all know how that turned out):depressed:. In my experience it just seams that the larger and more distant from the customer the parent company becomes the more they look at the bottom line than at customer service. Three examples Pinnacle, ScubaPro, Whites.

Andy....this is totally different than the Pinnacle thing. Time will tell, but for now it is business as usual.

Thanks,

Scott

We all sure hope so.

Parts of the regulators are made in Asia. "Assembled" in USA

New sales reps, ongoing delays, mergers cost money...

Solve this in two ways.. sell more stuff or streamline offerings and trim overhead.

Zeagle off shored their BC line years ago. I have a made in the USA stiletto! :D They still make some BC's in the USA. There reg line is also made in the USA.

Zeagle has been a great company to deal with for years and I would hope that does not change. I have been buying Zeagle products since 2004.

My daughter and I have dove Zeagle rangers for 9 or 10 years. Still works flawlsley for us. We have so much confidence in the brand that we just put a reg and BC package on layway for my soon to be certified wife (thanks Capt. Gene). I myself am looking at buying a new reg setup and will consider the brand. Good luck with this merger and I hope Zeagle retains what it has always been for us,,wonderful

Thanks,

Scott

Actually I hope things do change. I generaly have to send multiple emails and then start CC'ing every zeagle address I can find in order to get a response/place an order.
Currently I am almost a month into an order for a zena BC that a customer is willing to pay DHL shipping on!

I am very thankfull that I sell zeagle as customer service and not as a line that I depend on to keep the buisness alive. Scott if you want to solve this get my contact info from Veronica

Jim P. in Guam

Actually I hope things do change. I generaly have to send multiple emails and then start CC'ing every zeagle address I can find in order to get a response/place an order.
Currently I am almost a month into an order for a zena BC that a customer is willing to pay DHL shipping on!

I am very thankfull that I sell zeagle as customer service and not as a line that I depend on to keep the buisness alive. Scott if you want to solve this get my contact info from Veronica

Jim P. in Guam

Hello there Jim, I checked on the Zena you ordered with us and it looks like it will be shipping this week.

In regards to the changes you're hoping to see, please bear in mind that this past month in particular has been chaotic for us in the office. There have been lots of new names and processes to work into our system during this acquisition. As it was alluded to above we're ramping up production in both BCs and regulators, a few more folks have been hired to speed up production and our lead times should get better and better.

Everyone's patience is appreciated and should be rewarded very soon, if it hasn't already. :D

Back
Top Bottom