Zeagle Acquired by Huish Outdoors

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Success seems to run in the Huish family. Their choice of relatively small, innovative companies to add to their scuba "empire" makes sense. If they bring the cement mixer out of retirement, there may be some new eco-friendly detergents to go with their scuba products. They also seem to favor manufacturing products in the US.

It looks like one of the best reg designers are getting together...

I hope to see more nice regs and I hope there will not cancellation of the "selling kits to end customer" policy.

If you can introduce rebuild classes for tech divers similar to HOG that would be a dream... :)

That will be interesting to watch. Although not officially sanctioned, Zeagle kits are pretty easy to source and are not too terribly priced. Atomic kits, not so much. Now... which way will the pendulum swing?

Their BCs are made in their plant at Zephyrhills Fl and they have their regs built there too! I am not sure about masks and fins, but the important stuff is made right there.

Their BCs are made in their plant at Zephyrhills Fl and they have their regs built there too! I am not sure about masks and fins, but the important stuff is made right there.

Everything on the BC is made there? I was at a shop that was a Zeagle dealer, and they were complaining about Zeagle always being out of stock. The guy said they couldn't get all the parts for the BCs, and they would have to wait months to get this part here and that part there. Then he later said that they had a bunch of stuff made in Asia. I wasn't paying close enough attention, so now I'm not sure if he was referring to the fact that they had some stuff in general made in Asia or if it was parts on the BC made there. He did say there BCs were great though.

Everything on the BC is made there?
I don't think they have injection molding on site, so things like inflators and corrugated hoses are outsourced. That's true for most BC and Wing manufacturers.

However, they have an army of sewing machines and the artisans who know how to run them. It's amazing to see them work.

I thought I read in another thread that some of their BC's were now made off shore (China).

I'm a big fan of Zeagle and I've had my Zeagle Concept for 20 years.
I've been thinking it's time for a new one but I do have some trepidation about buying a new Zeagle because of this sale (reminds me of Mares/Dacor).
I'll probably hold out for a while to see how this unfolds.

I thought I read in another thread that some of their BC's were now made off shore (China).

Some of their BCs are made in the USA and some are made in China.
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/zeagle/419882-made-usa.html

Back
Top Bottom