Zeagle DS-IV creep

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don’t recall the HP seat being in the kit but it’s been a while. I will guess the cycling is helping things seat, dive it since the IP is in acceptable range and check it afterward.
I'll grab a photo of the piece I'm thinking of and make sure we're talking about the same thing.

Back when Zeagle began to manufacture their own regs, which were essentially Apeks regs with a change in the HP seat and orifice, I bought a new Envoy. When I received it, I attached an IP gauge and had results similar to what you are describing. Concerned, I called Zeagle, which at that time was here in Fl., and asked to speak to the reg guru. He said that with a new seat a slight creep could be expected, and there was nothing wrong as long as it locked up. I dived that reg for several years without a problem.

I'll grab a photo of the piece I'm thinking of and make sure we're talking about the same thing.
I think they now all it something like neoflon seat (?) and cycling it should bring that into spec.
I think I was having a brain fart and thinking MK 17

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom