Zeagle Envoy v. Aeris Atmos Sport

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Any new thoughts on the comparison of these two regs? I am faced with the same decision, pretty sure I will go with the Zeagle unless someone changes my mind.

RHMC66:
Can anyone chime in on this? They are priced similarly, but offer different advantages. The Aeris is environmentally sealed, so may be better for future cold water dives in NE and may result in a longer life. The Zeagle, which is not sealed, received a perfect score (20 of 20) on Rodales, which I believe is based mostly on breathability. For comparison, the Aeris received a 12 of 20, but has been reviewed highly by other publications. I know I should try first, but I am living in the desert right now, with no LDS, and I want to purchase my own equipment for a month long trip to the Caribbean in September. Not that it matters, but I have decided to go with a BP/Wing for the BC. Oh, and I am not really interested in the ScubaPro products. I know they have an excellent reputation, but I have a personal aversion to their marketing tactics. Also, I think I may run into serviceability problems with Apeks (and I want to buy American if I can). Thanks in advance.

I went from a 20 year old Sherwood Oasis to a Zeagle Envoy. Night and Day difference, great reg., made in the USA. And Scott Zeagle is a member of Scubaboard, and they are sold by ScubaToys. I love my Envoy!!!

Hmmm...first it was a dry suit and now it is the Zeagle regs...I must be with the in crowd and not just keeping up with the Jones's :D I am going to do what LeFlaneur did and throw the money at it. Actually the Flathead VI was my only choice since I wanted a good sealed reg for an ice dive or two.

Making the same decision today between the Atmos Sport and the Envoy... not sure which way I'll go yet. The Atmos has a swivel which is cool.

Guess I'll just see what they think when I get to ScubaToys - and if they have any special super-cool deals on the Aeris since their president will be there for the special event :D

... Or maybe if they're REALLY in a dealing mood I'll go for the Atmos Pro...

Kaiser442:
Making the same decision today between the Atmos Sport and the Envoy... not sure which way I'll go yet. The Atmos has a swivel which is cool.

Guess I'll just see what they think when I get to ScubaToys - and if they have any special super-cool deals on the Aeris since their president will be there for the special event :D

... Or maybe if they're REALLY in a dealing mood I'll go for the Atmos Pro...

You really don't need a swivel. Something else that I found out when I ordered mine was that the Zeagle rebuild kits are all the same. Thus the odds of not getting a rebuild kit for your reg is non existent. Even it Zeagle would decide not to produce it tomorrow

Well I ended up with the Aeris Atmos Pro... Larry knocked over $100 off the package deal and I got a damn nice setup for peanuts. I'm very happy :D

I spent about 1/2 hour in my hot tub last night playing with everything (it's the only water I've got for the time being :lol: ).

It's environmentally sealed, balanced 1st AND 2nd stages, 1st stage swivel (maybe it isn't all that... but I don't see how it can hurt), venturi knob and breathing resistance knob etc.

Now I just have to find somewhere to DIVE IT :D

Just an update on my Aeris Atmos Pro. I still haven't had a chance to take it on a 'real' dive (winter and me with no $$ for dive trips or a drysuit) - but I tried it out last weekend in a friend's pool.

I was VERY impressed with its ability to breathe in ALL positions. I tried it facing down, facing up, upside down, rightside up etc and it breathed well without fail.

At one point while I was upside down I tried to swap in my cheapie oceanic octo and all I got was a mouthful of water. Back to the Aeris, purge, and I got nice dry air :D

I just got the Atmos Pro from Larry last week, and am taking it to Ft. Lauderdale to try it out over Easter. Can't wait!!!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom