Zeagle or Scubapro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Unless you are diving in sub 10 degree water why get the (2nd) cold water seal?
All diaphragm regs are sealed by design.
Save some dosh and look at the MK11 and the unsealed Flathead(LT?)......exactly the same regs without the seal.

Last edited:
I love my Zeagle regs after using almost everything out there, though Scubapro have always been more expensive those who buy them swear by them never at them, that’s a good sign. Both will serve you well.

Thanks for all the advice. It seems like either is a good choice. I am leaning toward the zeagle as I like the low profile & hose setup on the 1st stage & we can get them for a great price. It sounds like they both breathe very similarly.

They are both on par with each other. One advantage that Zeagle has, is if you are the DIY type of person, and are interested in servicing your own regs, Zeagle will sell service kits and parts with no objections, whereas Scubapro doesn't sell kits to the end users, only authorized dealers.

Jim

I'd have to go with the Mk17/G250V. That's my single tank set up and I'd never change it. I dive it up here in the Puget Sound and I'm taking it to Hawaii in March.

I've tried the Zeagle and, to be honest, I don't think it's as good. We also have a lot of problems with BRAND NEW ones at our shop. Never a good sign.

Maybe I'm biased, but the Mk17/G250V is a dream. Don't go any other way.

Thanks for all the advice. I have decided to go with zeagle as I really like the design & my husband is a good DIY so he can service them! We also got a great deal buying 2 sets online.

G250 is excellent, save the money and go with the MK11 unless you absolutley need the 17 (which most people dont). Most people at scubapro are suprised they sell so many mk17 over mk 11. There is really no reason to spen the extra money.

NOLA DIVER

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom