Zeagle/Otter Dry Suits - what do you think?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Doubles

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
I am moving from my neoprene suit to a trilam, I just don't have the range of motion in the neoprene and it's just too hot here in Florida in the summer.

I test dove a Zeagle GS and the range of motion was fantastic! I only dove it in a pool, and all I had on was a swimming suit. The squeeze wasn't bad overall and I had a lot more control. The suit was a close fit, the boots were a tad too large, and the body a tad too short causing squeeze where one never wants to be squeezed! I believe it was a stock medium.

I know that DUI and White's are real popular, but reading the posts I find that it's a love em/hate em relationship that seems to run 50/50.

You never see posts on the Zeagle GS (which I think is an Otter skin)

I only live 20 miles from the Zeagle factory so repair work would be convenient. I use a lot of Zeagle gear and couldn't be happier!

So for those of you that dive Zeagle (GS) or Otter (Skin) dry suits, I would really like to hear your thoughts on this suit?

I am sure I will have to have one custom fit as I am
5' 5 1/2
34/36 waist
39 chest
29 inseam
narrow 8 1/2 boots.....

One last question, as I work to slim down some of these geezer pounds my future custom suit will be a tad larger around the waist. I don't see that as a big issue but would like to hear from others who have slimmed down after they got their suit. Any problems from it being a bit large in the body?

Cheers

I have an Otter Britannic Skin, front zip. It is a very well made suit and I am very happy with it. It has an elasticated waist and internal braces and when I lost some weight these helped avoid any bagginess.

The only points I would make are that I wouldn't bother with a front loader and bear in mind that the seam positioning on the legs make it difficult to put pockets on the outside of the thighs.

HTH

When I was looking for my dry suit I strongly considered Zeagle/Otter I found the suits to be very well made, and the thick latex seals were a plus.

I did not like the boots, but since they install boots in your size anyway I figured that the entire boot question would resolve itself with some choices and possible negotiation. I like that they include pockets standard, but I really did not like the placement. I would rather have pockets on each outer thigh, and both of those pockets should be the larger type of pocket, not flat.

The construction and materials are of high quality and I know divers who have been using them for years. My reservations were my own, and you may find the same items to be preferable to other brands options.

Good Luck,

Mark Vlahos

Thanks HTH and Mark, the feedback is greatly appreciated.

I have yet to find a boot that fits my narrow foot well. But I will keep looking. I had gamble install sneaker type shoes on my neoprene suit. They fit better, but still were not quite what I had hoped for

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom