Argon Mount Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rick Inman

Advisor
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
I'm having trouble finding the instruction for making the webbing/bungee to BP argon bottle mount. Can anyone provide a link?

Go to direxplorers.coma thread with photos was on the forum last week I believe.
Yarg

Rick Inman:
Okaaaaaayyyyyy.... so you were serious?!?!?
Rick Inman:
I'm having trouble finding the instruction for making the webbing/bungee to BP argon bottle mount. Can anyone provide a link?
-Find an old (or new I suppose) piece of webbing.
-Cut off a piece long enough to wrap around the argon bottle, leaving enough tail to reach past whichever bolt hole you will use.
-Burn the cut.
-Heat up a soldering iron.
-Burn a hole in each above-mentioned webbing tail in line with the bolt hole and with each other.
-Get a stainless steel bolt and nut.
-Install. Check the fit. Start over if you made it the wrong size.
-Cut a piece of bungie about twice as long as you think you'll need (knots shrink bungie)
-Tie a loop in the bungie using either a figure-8 (best) or overhand knot (OK, but not as good).
-Stuff the loop through the bottom bolt hole. If you don't secure it somehow, you will lose this loop if you dive without your argon bottle.

Better?

:D

Snowbear:
Okaaaaaayyyyyy.... so you were serious?!?!?

-Find an old (or new I suppose) piece of webbing.
-Cut off a piece long enough to wrap around the argon bottle, leaving enough tail to reach past whichever bolt hole you will use.
-Burn the cut.
-Heat up a soldering iron.
-Burn a hole in each above-mentioned webbing tail in line with the bolt hole and with each other.
-Get a stainless steel bolt and nut.
-Install. Check the fit. Start over if you made it the wrong size.
-Cut a piece of bungie about twice as long as you think you'll need (knots shrink bungie)
-Tie a loop in the bungie using either a figure-8 (best) or overhand knot (OK, but not as good).
-Stuff the loop through the bottom bolt hole. If you don't secure it somehow, you will lose this loop if you dive without your argon bottle.

Better?

:D
Yes, thank you. Working on it right now.

I don't like the bolt end sticking into either my back or my wing. Must be the wrong sized bolt. Looks like a trip back to Homebase.

How tight does the webbing have to be around the tank so it doesn't slip out? Of does the bungee keep it in place?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom