Cayman shore diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Leaving on Saturday! Any recommendations for good food? We are at a condo and have to cook, so you know we will be eating out! LOL

I second the Sunset House and Devil's Grotto/Eden Rock. Good shore dives.

Steve

There are lots of great shore dives along South Church Street in George Town.
If you go to Eden Rock Diving Center there is a very good chance you will be able to hook up with another diver for a shore dive to Eden Rock or Devil's Grotto. The diving center also offers guided dives.
This is also a great place for night dives, just rent your tanks before 5:30 and you can return them the next day.
Anther good shore dive is off Sunset House, were you can dive a small wreck. On the other side of the dock on North Church Street is the wreck of the Cali which is close to shore.

Well, we leave Sunday for Grand Cayman! :D
We're staying in the Sunrise condos in South Sound. If anyone has any advice or tips about what's nearby, (or anything else), it's always appreciated.
Since my fiance will be working, if anyone's interesting in doing a little diving during week days, let me know :14:

Welcome to the island! I'm sure the resident Scubaboard divers and others will provide enough potential buddies to make the most of shore diving.

I frequently have time off during the week and would be happy to team up for some dives.

There are lots of great shore dives along South Church Street in George Town.
If you go to Eden Rock Diving Center there is a very good chance you will be able to hook up with another diver for a shore dive to Eden Rock or Devil's Grotto. The diving center also offers guided dives.
This is also a great place for night dives, just rent your tanks before 5:30 and you can return them the next day.
Anther good shore dive is off Sunset House, were you can dive a small wreck. On the other side of the dock on North Church Street is the wreck of the Cali which is close to shore.

We visited your shop yesterday.

Worst experience I have EVER had in my 8 trips to Cayman.

Were told you closed at 5.30 so be out of ther water by 5.15. Got out around 5.20 and rushed up the ladder to get the tanks back before you locked up.

Guy in the shop says "what part of 5.15 dont you understand ?" And no he was not joking. We are very sorry if we delayed your getting home by 30 seconds.

I know that you cater mainly to Cruise Ship passengers so I guess you dont need to actually supply any service as you will never see them again.

If running a DiveShop in Cayman is that miserable a job maybe you should do something else?

IMHO Eden Rock and Devils Grotto should be closed for the next 10 years and allowed to recover.

On a brighter note Divetech are as wonderful and helpful as always and the new Sundivers (Took over from Divetech Turtle Farm location) made an excellent impression.

I am sorry you had a bad experience; I have spoken to our dive team about your post.
They were checking tanks back into the shop until 5:45; perhaps the English sense of humor was out of place with you.
Another option explained to you was to return the equipment the next day.
We try to offer good service to stay over visitors, cruise ship passenger and local residents of which we have many who are happy with our service and Eden Rock/Devil's Grotto.
I apologize for your bad experience and hope you will continue diving in Cayman and forgive us for not meeting your expectations.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom