Blue Angel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Night Dive was my first and I would definately do it again. Saw octopus, eels (spotted and moray), crabs and lobsters. Thanks to those that have recommended this type of dive. I almost didn't do it and was extremely glad I did.

Did you do a night shore dive in front of BA? You will see most or all of that stuff and more if you do. While I love the night boat dives next time I will skip it and just do BA from shore, it's almost as good and in some ways better since you can dive at your own pace.

We did both a night shore dive and night boat dive while there. The shore dive was fun and hard to beat the price (free), but we saw WAY MORE on the boat dive than we did on the shore dive.

Day 4 (Dec 24)

The night dive was done via boat at Paradise reef. We thought about a shore dive, but another couple asked us to join them so we did.

Today we woke up bright and early for another great day of diving. I love being so close the Blue Angel Restaurant and the Dive shop. We have been keeping out BC, regs, and goggles in lockers. This makes it so easy and quick to get ready for diving.
We had the usual breakfast, that always hits the spot. I had the omelet and the girlfriend had the pancakes. Both were excellent with out morning waters.

Dive 1 = Santa Rosa Wall had beautiful reef formations with swim throughs. The girlfriend found out that she didn't like the swim throughs which made us pass on the cenote idea for Saturday. Oh well, more reef diving!!!

Dive 2 = Tormentos was a lot of great fish. Saw two stingrays that were very close to us. Besides the usual assortment of fish this dive was enjoyable and relaxing.

With it being Christmas Eve, Eva made the attempt to let all staff leave a little early for the holiday. We took a walk downtown to Chedraui for crescents and muffins. This is just as good as Mega and much cheaper. Once again Eva and Blue Angel impressed us by there hospitality. Eva cooked dinner for the entire resort for Christmas Eve. She made Turkey, Roast Beef, stuffing, mashed potatoes, and etc...
I can't get past how "homey" it feels here and how I feel like I am part of there family during my holiday away from home.

Christmas came with a relaxing day of sleeping in. Blue Angel does only one dive (1100) the entire day and uses a big boat since it is very popular. I spent the morning reading the new Dan Brown book that I received from Blue Angel (they have a cabinet of books that you can borrow during your stay). The restaurant opened at 9AM and there was a slow wait for food since some of the staff was a little late due to the holiday last night. I was very understanding since they had been very timely in the past. If you can't be late a little on christmas when can you be late. I had pancakes and the girlfriend had the smoothie which were both excellent. Our waiter has been Felipe (entire trip) who is very nice and great at his job. Always gets us what we want and good at making special requests if you want something special.

The Sad = we went to the the dive shop at 1100 and were told the port was closed. So we took showers and thought about renting a car.

The happy = got a call from the dive shop at 1200 that the port was open (almost missed the call). They called all the people on the list for day that were at the hotel. This resulted in 5 divers and Jorge (he doesn't like Christmas much) heading out at 1300.

Eukanuba Shallows = the plan was to do the wall, but things changed and we did the shallows. Saw a moray eel swimming with a larger fish. He was in the open then swam into his little cave area with his head sticking out. When we got too close he turned around and left. It was mostly great fish to see and relaxing.

Paradise Reef Take 2 = We did this one since the waves were getting bad and we wanted something close to the resort. Saw two stingrays and a lot fish feeidng on the coral. There were a couple of crabs roaming around.
Christmas diving was a lot of fun. I of course tipped Jorge a little extra today for coming in on Christmas in order for us to have a great dive.
Got back in time for lunch/dinner. The hamburgers are not like back home, so I would recommend sticking with the mexican food!!! We like the fagitas, chimichangas, and quesadillas!!!

Another great day at BA!!! FELIZ NAVIDAD SBer's!!!

Thanks for sharing your experiences. Glad you guys are having a good time. I don't care for the swim throughs either. when the rest of the group did them, I just followed their bubbles and went over the top of the reef where I saw a lot of stuff. Jorge is good.
I started just ordering the fruit/toast for breakfast after a few days as the other stuff was to much food.

faq88 Many thanks for the updates on BA and the diving. We are counting down the days until our trip!

How would Blue Angel be for a non-diver? My wife doesn't dive, but does enjoy laying out on the beach and reading a book, with the occasional swim and snorkeling. Last time there we stayed just down the street at Park Royal. We have always done the All-Inclusive thing.

if she can handle lush green grass instead of sand then BA will work!

Funny you should ask about non-divers. We meet a couple who use to both be divers. She recently had a pneumothorax and can no longer dive. She loves the resort. She is able to enjoy some decent snorkeling from shore. The view, pool, and green grass is awesome. She also likes the fact that she is so close to downtown that she is able to walk to a lot of stuff.

Mike

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom