Found Camera - stage.com - Help!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Here are a couple more photos. I tried zooming in on the restaurant scene. Nothing. The other is the school function (possibly) I mentioned. Can anyone read the writing on the wall? Even the airport shows no identifiers.

Well, the writing on that piece of paper on the school wall is not German, but definitely Dutch -- I don't know Dutch, but I can recognize it -- "The Big Cookbook of ???"

(Heh... Euro version of Halloween in school, with the parents holding bottles of beer...)

Which would mean either Netherlands or Flemish Belgium.
The kids are definitely European too.

And the folks in the guest house scene look Euro too. Is that the same guy on the right, that was standing in front of the pickup?

Username "Diver0001" here on ScubaBoard lives in The Netherlands. Maybe he could help.

I PM'd Diver0001. I see

Het grotie kookboek
Van
De Schakel

(Handwriting)
KOKENISLEUK or

KOKEN IS LEUK​

That is Conteniental Flight 254 which is currently hopping back and forth from Ohio to California.....:banghead:

I found a costume festival back in February in Aruba. Is it possible that plane was in the Caribbean at that time? I looked up the Aruba airport, and the landscape in that picture does fit.

Also, the kid in the center with the white trash bag - :)no: jokes)

Is that a flag Flag of horizontal Red White Blue blocks? That makes it a Flag of the Netherlands, since the Netherland Antilles is different.

Attachments

• Netherlands flag.png
    Netherlands flag.png
    406 bytes · Views: 138
  • Netherlands_Antilles.png
    Netherlands_Antilles.png
    1.3 KB · Views: 135
I think we might assume the pictures of the kids in school and the restaurant is from their home country of the Netherlands.

Edit: No we can't. :(

Here are a couple more photos. I tried zooming in on the restaurant scene. Nothing. The other is the school function (possibly) I mentioned. Can anyone read the writing on the wall? Even the airport shows no identifiers.

Can you post a higher resolution picture of teh school scene? I'm pretty sure I can identify the language on the paper if I could see it well enough.

R..

:mad: To confound the issue, "De Schakel" seems to be a school to bring home the Dutch culture to those living outside the country. Seemed like such a good clue!

The link Home

never mind.

The language on the paper in the school scene is definitely Dutch.

If you like I can post a message on the Dutch Scuba forums about this but I haven't been following this thread. if you give me some details to post then I'll cross post it.

R..

So what is "De Schakel", please? :D

Back
Top Bottom